• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't figure out how to place a photo mask layer above text layer

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been using the Adobe suite for years so I'm quite comfortable with it, but I am by no means an expert in Photoshop - so sorry if this is a simple resolution (I hope it is). I'm trying to place the photo/mask 'Layer 1' above the text saying 'Hawkins' (like seen in my sketch screenshot below). But even though the photo layer is above the text layers, and I've arranged the text to be sent backwards - I still can't figure out how to get the image to be above the text. Ideally it would be slightly covering the text like can be seen in my sketch.

Any help with this would be appreciated, thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you have set the 'Blend if' in the Layer Styles dialog so that the photo layer gets transparent if the underlying layer is white, as shown in the screenshot below. Don't do this. Slide it back all the way to the right.

1 2022-07-31 17-24-28.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Lowri K ,

1. Keep the HAWKINS text as your top layer.
  2. Option / Alt Drag the layer mask from Layer 1 (the lady to the HAWKINS text layer. This will copy the layer mask to that layer.
  3. Select the copied layer mask om the HAWKINS text layer.
  4. Choose Image > Adjustments > Invert. This will reverse the mask and allow the lady's head to come through the text.

Let us know how you go

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines