• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get black background for pdfs

Enthusiast ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to put out a multi-page document in PS .pdf format.  If I use "Save As,"  I don't get a choice of background color.  If I use Automate>Multipage, I can choose a black background.  However, I get a gray background.  Anyone know how to get a black background?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

I think this is an Acrobat preference setting for “full screen display”:

full-screen.png

By opening up the PDF in Acrobat Reader, you can set the document properties to open in full screen mode and then save the file:

doc-props.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google is your friend, I found this by just searching for "black background PDF"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have stated the problem more clearly.  The solution you are referring to changes the background against which the document text is read (i.e., now white text against black background), similar to what you might do in a word processing program.  The "background" I'm referring to is comparable to the window or image area color, generally dark gray, in Photoshop.  So, regardless the color of an image in PS, it appears on a background of dark gray.  When that image is saved as a page in a multi-page .pdf document, PS provides the option of specifying a background color--gray, white, black.  I specify black, but I get light gray. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF_Background.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF_Background_2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is an Acrobat preference setting for “full screen display”:

full-screen.png

By opening up the PDF in Acrobat Reader, you can set the document properties to open in full screen mode and then save the file:

doc-props.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have a black background layer in the document.  Which is to say, the image has a black background layer.  My issue is the area on which the image is displayed.

When I open Document Properties in Acrobat, I get 4 tabs where Stephen's example shows 5.  Are you using Acrobat Pro.  In my free version,  the Initial View tab is missing.  I did find, however, that I can go to View>Display and choose a dark gray background, which works.  Thanks very much for the help.  Much appreciated.

When I open Document Properties in Acrobat, I get 4 tabs where your example shows 5: the Initial View tab is missing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this what you are referring to?

Untitled15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

My father recently celebrated his 100th birthday, and I took a bunch of photos.  In PS, I arranged several photos on a black background and saved each arrangement as a "page."  Each page is a .psd file.  The intent is to save the .psds to .pdfs and collect them into an "album," a multi-page .pdf document that I could share with other members of the family.  However, that's probably an inherently bad idea, because, even if I can change the background, displaying photos in an app with menu and toolbars is not particularly pleasing aesthetically.  I'm searching for a better way, perhaps through Bridge or Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is why Acrobat has a “full screen mode” preference which can be saved into the PDF using Acrobat Reader… However whether a particular end user has changed their default display from black is another question, which I don’t believe that you can control (unless there is a document level script to do so).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF_Background_4.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I just confusing Acrobat with Acrobat Reader?  You're referring to Acrobat (to create, edit documents) and I'm referring to Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, I had accidentally clicked on the icon for Pro and not Reader, you are correct that this option does not exist in Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got Pro and tried it.  It works great.  Thanks for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doc_Pit,

What you want is; Stephen_A_Marsh is correct if the pdf file has a full screen preview and the background is black. But there is a benefit to remind you. If you want the background to be black in the document, then you should add a layer filled with black to your work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines