• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't move objects on layers

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I first started working on an image, I had no problem moving my layers/objects around. All of a sudden, nothing will move. I've tried the ctrl+alt+shift to reset preferences, it does nothing. I definitely have the 'move' tool active. I tried it in multiple images to see if it was just that one, but it's everything. I don't understand what could have happened. I'm using Photoshop CC. Can someone please help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

I am so sorry for wasting your time. I must have had a brainfart LOL. I apparently started using the black arrow trying to move things, instead of the 'cross' symbol. OOPS! I can't believe it.....I've been spending like a day trying to figure it out. I have no idea how I randomly decided that the arrow should move things. I am not totally new to Photoshop but haven't used it in a long time, so need learn and re-learn anything I knew previously. Thanks for your help anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you ever figure this out? I think I tried a keystroke at some point, but my hand wasn't on the correct keys and now my layers panel isn't working normally. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem March 24th 2021 ... reset preferences ... still same issue ... fooling around with this for hours.... what a waste of time ? any help anyone ? I'm about to throw my computer by the window LOLLLLL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@andrée-annc10086070 wrote:

same problem March 24th 2021 ..

Hi 

The problem posted by the OP, @fayew3945129 , was that she could not move layers/objects around because she had the wrong tool. Switching to the Move tool "V" solved it for her.

If you have the same problem as you say, then switch to the Move tool. If it is a different problem, please clarify and show a screen shot.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if they did, but has for me, sometimes it works and sometimes it goes back to not working... Can't figure it out! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

*SOLUTION FOUND*
For those who actually came across this issue. 
Delete files on your computer to make space for Photoshop. 
Just had this issue and resorted to deleting some files. This provides disk space that photoshop needs in order to move layer. 

Of course this is if your computer does not have enough disk space. But thought Id throw my solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines