• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open Camera Raw (hidden dialogue?)

Explorer ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have a smart object in Photoshop. When I open it in Camera Raw, Camera Raw starts and shows a dialogue.

PixelSallo_0-1671902827965.png

But there was no progress and I can't click cancel (Abbrechen). Maybe there is an other hidden dialogue?!
My only option is to kill Photoshop and restart 😞

I'm using PS 24.1.0 on a M1 Mac.

Merry Christmas,
Stefan

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2022 Dec 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the Camera Raw preferences:
Hold down the Command key and select Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw (macOS) or hold down the Ctrl key and select Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw (Windows).
Click Yes in the dialog that asks "Delete the Camera Raw Preferences?"
See also:
https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/camera-raw-settings.html 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Are you running Photoshop in Rosetta or native on your M1 Mac?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm running it native on my M1 Mac

Best regards, Stefan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I updated to CR 15.1.1

Now I see the dialog, but it doesn't work. And I can't stop the preparation of the smart object. The only way to close the window is to kill PS 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (macOS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings. You can also reset preferences on quit if Photoshop is running by going into General Preferences>General>Reset on Quit.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the same problem 😞

The only solution I figured out is to save my PSD before opening CR from PS. Than I'm able to open my last changes again. 

Can I post some more infos about my system or settings to fix this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only solution I figured out is to save my PSD before opening CR from PS. Than I'm able to open my last changes again. 

By @Pixel-Sallo

Can you explain, step by step, what you're doing from the time you start a PS session to using the Adobe Camera Raw  as a filter? What do you mean you have to save PSD before opening from PS? Do you mean you save PSD, then use Adobe Camera Raw as a filter? If you don't save first, you can't use Adobe Camera Raw as a filter? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines