• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open JPEG files! Message: Could not open "filename.jpg" becuase the file was not found

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to open jpeg files. I get the message Could not open "filename.jpg" becuase the file was not found, when trying to open ANY file. I've deleted the preferences, that didn't work. I uninstalled photoshop and reinstalled a new copy, same problem. I can open psd and PDF files, no problem, not jpegs. Illustrator and InDesign are fine. Help please?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @AttaboyCreative First, go to Apple System Preferences/Security and Privacy/Full Disk Access and making sure PS is listed and active.

Next reset your Photoshop preferences manually. Note: Reinstalling does not automatically reset them so you could be installing over bad preference files:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset-preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AttaboyCreative if none of that works - what version of Camera Raw are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on with Adobe tech support 1.5 hours last night. They did a full cleaning of my files, adjusting privacy settings, etc and it still didn't work. Then he fully removed Photoshop and cleared all the prefences, reinstalled it and the same thing happened. Have a Senior Tech call schweduled for this morning as it was escalated as the Adobe tech couldn'rt resolve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @AttaboyCreative you can try installing a previous build of Camera Raw - there are numerous posts over the years of the same issue where a roll back in the CR plugin resolved.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines