Can't run photoshop on docked lenovo laptop with external monitors

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new Lenovo P14s laptop (i7-1051OU, 1.8GHz) with 32gb ram running Windows 11 64-bit OS. It's docked though the Thunderbolt 3 interface to a Lenovo Thunderbolt 3 Workstation Dock Gen 2. The dock has two Dell displays connected via the Displayport interfaces. 

When I launch Photoshop I can use it for about 1 minute before the screens die out, and Windows comes back with the login screen. If I login the cycle repeats. 

I've tried disabling the GPU, and playing around with the windows setting to force the app to use the Nvidia GPU. Basically tried every combo I can think of.  Photoshop will run fine on the laptop when it's undocked and just using the laptop display.

I've looked in Event Viewer for suspicious errors and have found nothing. I've uninstalled the latest Photoshop version and just installed version 22 to see if that works. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info for the state where it's docked, and for the state where it is undocked. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines