• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't save as .eps file with Photoshop CC 2021

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title says, I updated to Photoshop CC 2021 and now I can't save my .psd files to .eps format, as I'm doing for many years...

Why ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Finally, it wasn't the good way...

I tryed with another file and saw the problem : I was in 16 bits.

After setting it in 8 bits, .eps format was available.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Thanks for the 8 bit help! However i still encountered the issue until i selected "enable (legacy save as)" in the Prefrences-File handling tab. I hope this saves some users more time! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only formats I see when I want to save as :

Capture d’écran 2020-10-26 à 14.03.52.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have problem on Windows, see screenshots. Wait for someone with Mac computer to confirm or try to reset preferences what is general advice for all things weird in Photoshop.

save as drop down with formats.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works perfectly now ! 

Thacnk you for the advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally, it wasn't the good way...

I tryed with another file and saw the problem : I was in 16 bits.

After setting it in 8 bits, .eps format was available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the 8 bit help! However i still encountered the issue until i selected "enable (legacy save as)" in the Prefrences-File handling tab. I hope this saves some users more time! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My file was already in 8-bit mode so this really helped and fixed my issue thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PERFECT!!! THANKS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved the day! Thanx! How dumb Adobe is when rewriting their apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GOD BLESS YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so ridiculous why would they remove the EPS File as a standard "SaveAS" is this i joke? 

Thank GOD you made this comment i would be bulloxed!! 

ridiculous! are any of the new options they give you before suing "LEgacy" similar to EPS and if so why would they not say so. Why does everything suck now 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a bit of a problem understanding the point of saving out .eps from Photoshop. It's a vector format - somewhat obsolete but still used occasionally for simple vector designs like logos.

But Photoshop doesn't really do vector for output. I tried a test file with a filled path and some live text, and it didn't survive when reopened into Illustrator.

The path appeared in Illustrator as an uneditable pixel layer (that's "layer" in the Ai sense; not the PS sense).

The text survived as vector, but not editable text.

If you need .eps with vector content, use Illustrator. If you want raster, use Photoshop and something like png, Or am I missing something here? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Eps is a vector format. However it also is a format that saves PMS color information for 1 and 2 color spot jobs. This is essential for the printing industry. Removing the ability to save out eps as well as greyscale jpg and tif files makes being a pre-press print designer's life a nightmare.

Without eps format there is no way to save monotone, duotone or multichanel files to place in InDesign. Without greyscale jpgs you cannot recolor them using PMS colors in InDesign. All of this makes simple 1 and 2 color print job way more complicated than they used to be.

Contrary to popular belief, print is not dead. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this. I couldn't do it until I put in 8 bit. TY!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It needs to be saved as a copy first - then you're able to export as EPS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, if you go for "Save a copy"option, then it should save as .eps - AND with a transparent background. I do not know what witchery it is, but it worked for me 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also press option-command-s and then select .eps from there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found it in the SAVE A COPY... I was looking for it too until I found this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines