Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't save Photoshop files can only save as

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am facing an issue at the moment that is really frustrating. Randomly I can be working in a photoshop file. Save my work and it will say I don't have the right permissions to save. Doesn't matter whether it is on my desktop or on our company server. It seems to happen more on the server. Requiring me to do a Save As and rename the file.  Which is really annoying as every change I make I have to do a save as and i end up with 7 different versions of the same file. Which I have to relink to my illustrator files every time this happens.

Also these Save as files will lock anyone out of using them after you close them. So i could have versions 1-7 for example. 7 will open fine on my mac but if someone else tries to open it, they get a permissions error. So I have to do another save as on the file. Creating a version 8. The user won't be able to open the version 8 but they will be able to open the version 7...

So of the strangest behaviour in Photoshop I have ever seen and there is no rhyme or reason for it.

I have uninstalled, deleted preferences. I have even completely rebuild my Mac but nothing seems to fix this issue.

Does anyone know of any fixes for this?

Miles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately not another thing I looked at straight away however the files on my desktop I am the owner of with read and write. The files on our server are all designers read and write and me (or whoever created the file) as the owner

Miles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines