• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't use dumb quotes through glyph panel with "Use Smart Quotes" option

Participant ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prior to Photoshop CC 2017, with the "Use Smart Quotes" option on, dumb quotes in text would be converted to smart quotes, as they should be. However, it was possible to insert dumb quotes by directly selecting the desired glyph through the glyphs panel.

This seems like a very unnecessary change. If I wanted smart quotes through the glyphs panel, I'd click on the smart quotes. While Photoshop's smart quotes conversion is quite good, I often find it necessary to make small corrections, either because of Photoshop's mistake or the typeface I'm using.

Am I correct that this was indeed changed? Or was my Photoshop just malfunctioning before? How can I insert a dumb quote without having to go through menus to toggle options?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've not yet installed Photoshop CC 2017 so can't test this, but try the following:

In Type Preferences, turn off Use Smart Quotes.

On Windows, when you want curly quotes, use the keypad shortcuts Alt 0147 and Alt 0148.

On Mac I believe it is Option-[  and Option-Shift-]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines