Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can we know whether PS is idle?

Engaged ,
Feb 14, 2013 Feb 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am developing a plugin for PS CS5 and above and I wanted to know if there is any way through which we can know whether Photoshop is idle? By idle I mean can we know if Photoshop is not performing any processing/actions at any given point of time?

Thanks!

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

idle even is your best friend here: when you received it you can be sure PS is indeed idle. Just register a notifier on it (sPSActionControl->AddNotify(GetPluginRef(), CPSActionControl::StringIDToTypeID(kidleStr), yourHandler, 0) and you will start receiving them en masse when PS has nothing to do.

NB: Adobe folks warned us not to do anything particularly heavy (e.g. showing GUI) directly on idle as it may cause all sorts of weird things to happen. Just FYI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

We don't want any notification from ps whenever its idle. We just want to check photoshop's status whether its busy or idle before hitting some job in it.

Do we have any method available for this??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 15, 2013 Feb 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm unaware of any such function (which of course doesn't mean it doesn't exist somewhere ), but having an idle event it should be easy to perform your job when PS has nothing else to do by simply scheduling your plugin to be triggered on the next idle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines