• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot edit corners of rounded rectangle in Photoshop CS6.

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was very sure that in CS6 you could get an options box that looked like this in the properties menu in order to edit the corners of a rounded rectangle. I've tried the commonly suggested solution of selecting the "paths selection tool" (black arrow) in order to reselect the rectangle and then the correct properties box would, in theory, show up. That has not worked for me. I've also been told of the possibility that CS6 doesn't have that options box that I'm looking for at all, which I'm pretty sure isn't true, because I'm rather certain I've used it before in CS6 (though it's not impossible that I could be wrong). Right now the masking options are all I'm getting, as demonstrated below.

Are there any other solutions to this issue, or does CS6 REALLY not have that options box and no option to simply edit the roundness of corners on rectangles?
Capture.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you vey much indeed JJMack. You saved my life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In CC you get the properties panel you linked to and can therefore easily edit the corners afterwards.

In CS6 you can specify the corner radius in the options bar before you make the shape.

Editing afterwards is limited to creating a new shape and deleting the old - unless you use the download from the link JJMack provided

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the script would be needed with CS6.  The script makes it easy to edit rounded corner shapes you can preview the edit and commit the edit you want.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, JJMack.

This was exactly what I needed and works like a breeze.

Many thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Excellent, JJMack. Fantitcs Experience your tutorial.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines