• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open ....DNG file due to disk error.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Mac Catalina 10.15 with the latest update of PS 21.0.1 and Lightroom Classic 12.0.  When ever I try to import a file from Lightroom via "Edit in Adobe Photoshop 2020..." like I always have done I can not get the file to open in PS.  I get one of two things.  A: Cannot open file ****.dng due to disk error or B: literally nothing happens.  I did not have this issue before the upgrade.  Additionally I attempted to uninstall the current version of PS and go back one version and it is giving me the same issue.  One thing I did note was that when I opened LR for the first time after the update it had me upgrade the Catalog folder and gave it a new name.  Anyone else having this issue or have a work around?

[Subject edited by moderator. "DMG" changed to "DNG"]

[DMG is a disk mountable image in macOS; DNG is a digital negative file]

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Just figured out the solution.  Went to System Preferences Security and Privacy and added Photoshop to have access to my Harddrive and now it is working.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check your disk to see if there are problems. Is the message correct or not correct.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran the Mac Disk Check and it didn't show anything wrong.  So far all the files open up in Lightroom as well so as far as I can tell it should all be good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point I have unistalled both PS and LR and reinstalled but getting the same errors.  Not sure what else I can do at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just figured out the solution.  Went to System Preferences Security and Privacy and added Photoshop to have access to my Harddrive and now it is working.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem..Just started out of the clear blue and only on my Mac Book not on the iMac.  started after I upgraded PS to the newest update.  I went to privacy setting but can't figure out how to add PS.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. This sorted things out for me. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Troutt! I spent over two hours and couldn't fix the disk error problem. I knew it has something to do with the Mac upgrade, but couldn't figure it out. Thanks to your message and share the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so what you are saying is that to correct the issue you gave ps full disk access, is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me twice...the first time I called Adobe and they took control of my Mac and fixed the problem...the second time I deleted  PS and re-installed it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The number for Adobe is...1-800-833-6617...this also happened after and update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what did adobe do to correct the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they went into the guts of PS and changed some things..I tried to follow what they were doing but it was impossible for me to follow them.....I asked them if they could tell me what they were doing but they didn't really give me much information...they just fixed it...They did tell me that when their is an update for LR and and update of PS...to update them separately not at the same tiem.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where in system preferences can you guide me is it within the Mac or Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old conversation. I've detailed the steps here to add Photoshop to full disk access: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/quick-tips-learn-how-to-give-full-dis...

Let me know if this helps you out!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2023 Nov 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same issue, but I don't understand your solution. I apologize, explain better. Where you select Preferences Security and Privacy and added Photoshop? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2023 Nov 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the solution: You go to System Setting in your Apple computer, select Privacy & Security and select PhotoShop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines