• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot save files in desired folder - Photoshop cc

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Photoshop cc. For some reason I cannot save my files in another folder except for the folder I open the file under. Hoping someone can shead some light.

Thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Finally figured it out from this thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/photoshop-won-t-show-complete-desktop-mac/td-p/10934384

Go to the Menu bar on top of your screen - Click on the apple logo - System preferences - Security and Privacy - Under the Privacy panel - (Scroll down to Files and Folders) - On the right hand panel Click select on Desktop under Adobe Photoshop! That should do it!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exaclty is happening? Are you doing a save as? Can you move the file to the folder using your finder?

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melissa,

When I open a file it only saves or saves as in the same location. I cannot save the document in another folder even though I select it.  Also when I save or save as the file in the folder it shows empty even though I have several documents in that folder. All the folders have an icon with an arrow pointed downward, which is probably the problem. 🤷‍:female_sign:

I attached a screen capture for reference 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yes, I can move files using finder.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you folders have an arrow that points down? Are they on a server? I'm thinking that might have something to do with it.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mystery to me too! It only happens to photoshop, all my files are on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to transfer old files fro m D: to C:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally figured it out from this thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/photoshop-won-t-show-complete-desktop-mac/td-p/10...

Go to the Menu bar on top of your screen - Click on the apple logo - System preferences - Security and Privacy - Under the Privacy panel - (Scroll down to Files and Folders) - On the right hand panel Click select on Desktop under Adobe Photoshop! That should do it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have the solution for this occurance on a PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines