Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cant edit and then save smartobjects back in original file

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

I try to edit smartobject, I double click it and then it opens in a new tab, then I edit it and try to save and go back to see the changes in the original PSD file from which I opened the smartobject, but it says:

0101_0-1624306595199.png

when I try to flatten layers:

0101_1-1624306679933.png

it doesnt do much and still says the first error.

any advice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. ¿How do you created the Smart Object?

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a smart object is a Placed Jpeg file. If you open the  object in Photoshop the Object Jpeg will open ins Photoshop. If you add layers to need to flatten before you use save for  save will not save a layered document as a jpeg. If you use Save As to save the image the Smart object work file will not be overridden  it will still be unchanged,  The file you saved did not overwrite the work file.  However in 22.4.2 Save AS now does seem the overwrite the work files if you know the change the file type from PSD to Jpg and  overwrites the work file Photoshop Updated the smart object layers object with the saved as changes.  You get the Message the if you use save as the smart object will not be updated but  that is not what I see in 22.4.2  what I see my logo is added to the smart object. But then I'm not using a Mac with macOS 0.1+ installed.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for the wonderful comment, but it's still doesnt work... it only works if I do simple things to the smartobject, but I want to delete its background.

im adding the psd file here, I would love if you could maybe understand how to delete the smartobject background and then save it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

• Save the layered Smart Object as a psd or psb 

• Use Layer > Smart Objects > Replace Contents to replace the original SO-content with the layered image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. i rasterized smart objects and then convert them to smart objects. the  problem was fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines