• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2017 New document window SLOW

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to go back to the old new document window?

The new window is absolutely useless as it is so slow that it does not register the keyboard enter key to actually create the new document.

How it used to be:

- Take a screenshot in windows

- Go to photoshop and press ctrl + n and enter

- Paste

Now if you try the same thing, you get stuck on the new document window as it does not register the enter key in time. And sometimes it does not accept the enter key at all, instead you have to use your mouse to press the "Create" button.

I just don't understand how Adobe can make Photoshop slower to use on every update.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed! When copying and pasting elements from a web design (for example) I regularly create a new document, paste in the graphic element, then save it out.

I might need to repeat this process dozens of times, so this additional waiting time for the 'new' new document window to appear/animate in  (with 'templates' I'll never use!) is really tiresome.

Please can we have the 'instant' old version of the new document window back!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the legacy new document window by setting it in Preferences - General

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant! Thanks Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks!!! ... such a weird feature ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dave! You've just saved me much self-inflicted hair loss!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant, cheers Dave. It has been driving me insane using the new window arrangement. Why do these software companies meddle with things that simply aren't broken? Most of the time it causes more issues that they wanted to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yaaaaaaaaaay! So glad I read this post! Thanks Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been struggling with this for months! Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DAVE – THANK YOU!!! This was driving me literally potty and wasting so much of my time. Was taking about 45 seconds to open a new doc, complete rubbish.

Dave, while I'm here, any idea how to save a PDF quickly without going into that pointless 'choose folder' window in Acrobat, that's also driving me to despair.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dave!  I'm not a PS power-user, but I've been using it for the past 20 years.  The ridiculously slow New Document dialog box was making me seriously consider using an alternative application for my simpler projects.  Glad I don't have to switch now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah thank you ! Have they even tested the new dialog themselves? It takes like 5-6 seconds to open. That is so sloppy coding!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG THANK YOU! I hate this stupid feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Dave! You're a life saver! Adobe, please consider adding new features like this as options and not as default behaviors. After over a decade of Photoshop use, my workflow is severely hampered by changes like this especially on something so fundamental as the creation of new documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this, it was driving me crazy. Couldn't agree more - Adobe should make any feature that slows down usability an option, not default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Dave.

Delete your account, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm already using the legacy "save for web" option (after one of the recent updates).  Now I'm using the legacy "new document" option.  Is this because I hate change or just like the old way better.  Honestly I only want Photoshop to get faster when I update it.  I'm good on features.

Thank you very much Dave.  Funny side note: A quick glance at your avatar makes it look like you're the Doc from Back to the Future (e.g. white fro-like hair), but it's just a radial gradient behind ya.

dave.jpg

doc.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - I like it

To be honest at first I switched off the new dialogue - but then I turned it back on and I'm kind of getting used to it now. Still a lot wrong with it (in particular the way it does not show the full list of options without scrolling) but some of my reluctance was probably just to it being different. It is not slowing me down

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to like the new new document window, but it's horrendously slow, but i like the modern look - why is it so slow. Often times i am pasting something in that taking proportions from the clipboard so i use cmd-n, enter right away when i am doing that, and this new window is so damn slow and unresponsive, it won't take that pre-emptive enter keystroke until the stupid thing shows up.. unlike the original. i would like to use it but this is a frustrating hindrance. Adobe... get it together…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not just you, and it's not a helpful change by any means. This is the definition of useless bloat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, the new window slows me down. Going back to the legacy one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's not just me... unbelievable slow. Glad to learn about the legacy option.  Software is supposed to get more efficient, not less. Now if Dreamweaver would return the "PUT" button back on an open page window, that'd be great, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The UI responsiveness and launch times of the new "New Document" and "Export" window is atrocious.

Of course, we're talking of some half of a second but, especially when you create a new document using the contents of your clipboard, the legacy New Document is just instantaneous.

I'm definitely ok with refreshing the UI, but it should have the same performance of the legacy UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Half second? I'm seeing more like four seconds, and my iMac isn't exactly a slouch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines