• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2017 New document window SLOW

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to go back to the old new document window?

The new window is absolutely useless as it is so slow that it does not register the keyboard enter key to actually create the new document.

How it used to be:

- Take a screenshot in windows

- Go to photoshop and press ctrl + n and enter

- Paste

Now if you try the same thing, you get stuck on the new document window as it does not register the enter key in time. And sometimes it does not accept the enter key at all, instead you have to use your mouse to press the "Create" button.

I just don't understand how Adobe can make Photoshop slower to use on every update.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Dave for the tips!

But yes, I confirm this new window is too slow and not very useful. All those custom sizes are useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just a quick note to say :O)))))))))) n' BIG THANK YOU HUGS....*whispers...so glad i finally figured out how to google the question to find YOUR answer dave !!!!...soooooooooo simple to correct!!!!

now if only windows 10 updates would stop messing with the outlook settings!!! arggggggggggs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clock it at 4 seconds, just counting 1 mississippi, 2 mississippi.

That's on a 4Ghz iMac from late 2015.  And it's not just some periodic slowdown - it's always that long, every time.

I think the right thing here would be a simple quick interface and then a button/keystroke to open more options.  Let the user decide how much complexity is needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!! This is an asinine feature. So glad to be free of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank god there's an old option for that. wish I could get an older version when I need to reinstall it. stupid ergonomic updates all the time.. just like ridiculously enlarged smallest type of swatches! [cursing removed]

thanks, davescm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How someone signed it off is beyond me. Keyboard shortcuts are designed to accelerate workflow, and here we have an over-engineered, laggy, unresponsive facepalm right in the middle of the road.

"It looks like you're trying to create a new document. How can I [cursing removed]?"

It smacks of engineers trying to justify their roles. Adobe should spend time on new functionality, not re-vamping existing functionality that was already more than adequate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!  This has been driving me NUTS! And costing me A LOT of wasted time!  I thought there was something wrong with my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you davescm - you saved me from going mad!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave - Life savior !

The last Photoshop is so buggy I also went back on the 2017 version for that matter 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't they actually test their changes/new features before rolling them out? Using PS is all about speed for most professionals and anything that slows you down as much as the 'new document feature' is just plain time-consuming and annoying. Surely speed should be a priority Adobe? I suppose the moral of the story for every new rollout, is first visit Prefs and change everything back to Legacy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The window is confusing too. But Adobe must check the performance before implement this new feature. And if Adobe did not do this they have to fix it. But nothing happened till now … 2 years later … Is it not possible to fix it? Please inform your clients!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kind of a sign that Adobe knows this "feature" sucks when they give you the option of turning it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines