• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2019 Frame Tool

Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Only Aspect Ratio I can constrain the frame tool is 1:1.   My image are normally 2:3, 3:4, 4:5, and 5:7.   IMO there should be a style option in the tool option bar for the frame tool like their is for the marquee   tools.  Does anyone else feel like that is required.  I would like to be able to quickly drag out a frame my images will fit. Now have to use other tools before using the frame tool so I can size the frame so my images will fit well not be a cropping frame mask.

JJMack

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand CJButler on

How to apply a Frame Tool Preset?

correctly that is in planning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Frame Tool also has the bug I reported It does not always scale the image correctly.  I hope Adobe  fixes that.

I have a problem in my Photo Collage tool kit. I can not handle  frames that have rotation and perspective added in a template. My scripts and template design has no support for rotation or frame distortion like perspective. I do the best that I can. I scale the image to fill the frames picture area using the bounds of the rotated frame image bounds I can only populate the images squared to the document canvas and mask the populated image to the frame's perspective distortion.  The Image layer is a smart object layer a placed image.  The user can quite easily correct the layer associated transform for the rotation and distortion.

It look like Adobe new frame tool  has the same issue as my Scripts when it come to rotation and frame distortion.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it is a new feature, hopefully to will mature well in coming releases …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good suggestion. It's being tracked in our backlog as PS-21203 "As part of Frame Options, define an aspect ratio, e.g. 4:5". I'll make sure the product managers see it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I read Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 has a frames feature I said to myself well its about time I hope that  it can be automated.  I read Frames are like Mask I said to myself Adobe Nailed it.   I have been doing a Photoshop Frame like thing for years.    I then look at CC 2019 frames I said to myself  My God why is Adobe  making it so hard on themselves and their users.   You have been doing Masking for  decades.  Why are you putting frames into the Layers palette backwards  Mask before the content.   I'm all for Frames Palette  like the Channels Palette and the Paths Palette and I would have hope like the Path palette  Frame name would need to be unique maybe even  sequential not like Layer Palette where layers can have duplicate names as can the Channels Palette.  Sequence unique names would make automation easier.

I would think something like this would be easier to implement and confuse users less then your current not ready for prime time frame feature. For it will look like normal Photoshop masking today.   Photoshop has never had a  problem framing image using masking.

PSFrames.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines