• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change background color PS CS5

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2010 Jul 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My color object is on a grey background.  I want to put it on a white background to make it web ready.

What is the correct way/method to do this pls?

I know I can create a mask and change the appearance of the transparency by Transparency&Gamut but is this the right way to do this? 

I am not sure how to do this but I am thinking that I might need to create a new white (background?) layer and put my color photo on this layer???

Thank you,

Sevkie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 12, 2010 Jul 12, 2010

If necessary convert the background-layer to regular layer,

create a Selection of the gray area (using Select – Color Range or the Magic Wand- or Quick Selection-Tool or using any other method you may be familiar with),

invert the Selection (command-I),

apply as a Layer Mask (third button from the left at the lower end of the Layers Panel),

then add a white Solid Color Layer and move it behind the other Layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, do you want to maintain transparency or not?

If so you might save a PNG-24; if not you could just save a jpg of the element on a white background. (Both with File – Save for Web & Devices.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being a newbie, I do not understand your reply.  How do I put my photo on white background?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If necessary convert the background-layer to regular layer,

create a Selection of the gray area (using Select – Color Range or the Magic Wand- or Quick Selection-Tool or using any other method you may be familiar with),

invert the Selection (command-I),

apply as a Layer Mask (third button from the left at the lower end of the Layers Panel),

then add a white Solid Color Layer and move it behind the other Layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This is what I was looking for.

Sevkie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To further refine the Mask you can paint on the Mask Channel (note if the Mask-symbol in the Layers Panel has a double-outline to indicate it is the active channel) with white to bring image back or black to remove further parts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 22, 2010 Jul 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm completely new to Dreamweaver ... but I've been changing background colors rather easily just by editing the code.

HINT: To reveal the code name of any given section on the page, I've learned when I'm looking at my web page in design view, if I just "alt+click" the header or sidebar where I want to change the color, a pop-up window reveals that section's code, and especially it's name. (For example: ".sidebar1"). I then, with the title of that section in mind, I click on the "code" tab (top left toolbar in Dreamweaver). The code tab reveals the web page's CSS code and because I don't want to manually sort through the entire CSS -- I do a word search by hitting "control F" and type in the relevant key word (e.g., "sidebar1" or ".header" whatever section I hope to edit). Soon as I see that section described, I look for the word "Background" and there you'll see the color listed by its numeric code!

Editing color by code is real easy when you have access to a good color chart. Here's one: http://www.theodora.com/gif4/html_colors.gif  (Google search "HTML color chart" for more color chart options).  For a black background, the code looks like this: background: #000000; (Sometimes it's shortened to background: #000;)

{{Hope this info helps}}

~ Tami Jackson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines