• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change colour of clothing

Contributor ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to change the colour of this blouse strap in photoshop from pink to black, but i want the logo/wordmark to remain white, any tips on how to do this? My issue is I can change the colour of the strap but not without also changing the colour of the text, and therefore it doesn't stand out, the magic wand tool is tricky with it as the colours are pretty close.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @nadrojxinnam 

Thanks for reaching out. 

Using the magic wand will be difficult as the color tones are similar. 

My suggestion would be to try the pen tool to draw the boundaries, mask them, and change the color of the strap.

Another option will be zooming in and using the polygon lasso tool.

Let us know how it goes.

Best,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @nadrojxinnam you are correct that this is tricky due to the text/logo not really being pure white but a lighter shade of the overall pink fabric. Even adjusting the image using channles, curves or levels to create greater contrast didn't help.

The best I could come up with is to create a mask and paint out the text/logo areas. then use that mask to create contrast on the text/logo and darken the fabric separately:

kevinstohlmeyer_1-1681149353460.png

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1681149307271.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines