• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change UI langage in Photoshop CS4

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2009 Oct 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using photoshop CS4 middle eastern version, but i'm more confortable with Frensh interface, i tried to change UI language in Edit->Preference menu but it's not available.

Th reason that i use middle Eastern edition is that i need to use Arabic.

If you have a solution, please write to me

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 20, 2009 Oct 20, 2009

I think I have the solution.

In Applications | Photoshop there is a folder Locales, containing the language packs.  My original installation has a folder en_GB.

I installed a German version of Photoshop, copied the folder de_DE out of this Locales folder into the original location besides my English version.  I started Photoshop, went Preferences and presto, there was the second language option.  After restarting Photoshop, Adobe prompts me for a serial. Pretty cheeky in my opinion, but since my u

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you see on the picture, only English is available, so is there a tip or freeware for adding other languages?

Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know the UI language cannot be changed.

That option is a mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frensh is the language for my Windows, it already exists, i've had Photoshop European version and it was in Frensh and everything was alright, but i needed Arabic, so i've found Middle Eastern version and installed it but Frensh doesn't exist even during setup, so....

I'm sorry, i don't have Illustrator middle estern edition, i don't even know if it exists

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C'mon people, please do not discuss the use of pirated software on the vendor's forum, for goodness sake.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not pirated, my friend who have bought the middle eastern version gave it to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no preference to change the language, or installer option to choose the language (except for the EULA).

You buy the version with the language you need, and install it.  That's it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2009 Oct 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I work at a German university and I've installed CS4 in English, as I feel most comfortable working in that language.  However, I often give seminars for students and they prefer to see my demonstrations in German.  Is there a possibility to add German as an UI language?  Under (Mac) Photoshop | Preferences | Interface there is the UI-Language option.

I don't want to have (eg) two Photoshop versions, one in English and one in German -- ideally I would just select German, power up the projector and do my lecture.  When I prepare my images, then back to English. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply

The problem is that other languages are not available using the preference menu (you can see that in the picture above, in my first message)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Chris gave the answer in the previous post.

The UI Language cannot be changed.

I lectured in Germany and had to use two PS licences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case, i'll install the two versions until i get more comfortable with English menu

Thank you all

Just be cool everybody

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

funimate wrote:

In this case, i'll install the two versions until i get more comfortable with English menu

I think they have to be on different computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2009 Oct 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have the solution.

In Applications | Photoshop there is a folder Locales, containing the language packs.  My original installation has a folder en_GB.

I installed a German version of Photoshop, copied the folder de_DE out of this Locales folder into the original location besides my English version.  I started Photoshop, went Preferences and presto, there was the second language option.  After restarting Photoshop, Adobe prompts me for a serial. Pretty cheeky in my opinion, but since my university buys serial numbers on quantity discount ... I entered a German serial and I can switch between versions.  So far, I haven't had any problems.

In hindsight this solution is quite elementary.  I have one Photoshop installation, saving 600MB on my MBP's (relatively) small HDD.  Once again, pretty cheeky for Adobe to require 2 licenses for this, but as my employer's paying, I don't really care.  My question to you, why is this not a better documented procedure or a rather normal installation feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S_BA2009 wrote:

My question to you, why is this not a better documented procedure or a rather normal installation feature?

Maybe they don't want you to know. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha ... that's really, really clever of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the solution, i'll try it and i'll tell you

I didn't understand your question, but i think that Northern Africa version can support the two options that i want but i'm not ready to pay again so i'll try your solution

Tank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ... you must pay twice: you get one license for one language and a separate one for the other. 

I think you misunderstood my comment: it's not very customer-friendly from Adobe, but it's legal.  What you're suggesting isn't, it's simply pirating -- or has your "friend" stopped using his "legally" purchased version?

I guess that answers my question from before.  funimate is exactly the reason such a solution isn't documented -- sorry I posted it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you said my friend don't use his version anymore, so i'm acting legally, don't worry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT WORKS !!!!!!!!

God bless you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2010 Apr 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi.

i solved this problem,

(xx_XX is your setup disc language. For exampe AdobePhotoshop11-tr_TR (turkish))

1-download ps cs4 eng trial from adobe sites

2-copy from all file from \Adobe CS4\Photoshop\Adobe CS4\extensions\AdobePhotoshop11-en_US\Assets (trial expanded path) to original setup disc same path. if ask replace "replace".

3- open Instructions.js with notepad from original setup disc \Adobe CS4\Photoshop\Adobe CS4\extensions\AdobePhotoshop11-xx_XX

4-and Instructions.js with notepad from  trial path Adobe CS4\Photoshop\Adobe CS4\extensions\AdobePhotoshop11-en_US

and copy from trial Instructions.js between first column and help files contains cloums. (keep firs line contains in orginal file)

5- and save this file.

6-install photoshop

7-go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Locales path and rename your language folder

8-start photoshop.

im using now english. my language folder name is "tr_TR". i chanced  to "_tr_TR".i rename it again when i use photoshop my language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines