• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changes to the latest Photoshop brushes?

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed that the Soft Round brush in the latest version of Photoshop has changed. In previous versions the edges were very soft and seamless allowing for a nice build-up of color. Now this particular brush seems to have a much more distinct, almost hard, edge to it. Building up layers of color look very sloppy as it leaves visible edges with each pass of the brush.

Has anyone else noticed this and is there a way to get the old effect of that brush back?.. other than using the previous version of Photoshop? I tend to use this brush often and would love any suggestions.

As a side note.. All of my settings are exactly the same for that brush. I haven't changed anything on my end.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Hi

No difference here.

You could try a couple things:

1. Reset the brush tool

2. Check - Use legacy compositing (in Preferences > Performance) and close then restart Photoshop

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

No difference here.

You could try a couple things:

1. Reset the brush tool

2. Check - Use legacy compositing (in Preferences > Performance) and close then restart Photoshop

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect! It worked..Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the exact same issue for almost 2 years now (it feels good to finally find someone having the same issue as me, and in the same epoch as me !! This issue is quite hard to explain for me so I almost thought that I was alone having that) and I tried what davescm said but it doesn't work to me so I would like to know if somebody has something else to get rid of this issue ?

I'm really happy to have found this topic it gives me hope again. I was almost ready to give up drawing and all my dreams but now even if nobody can help me I know that I can find topics on the internet of people having the same issue as me and maybe someday I will finally find the solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us a screen shot of what you are seeing>  Make it a fairly large preset with zoom set to 100%, and upload it to forum at full res.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, thank you for your response! Sadly I don't have photoshop anymore for now, I was done paying for a software that doesn't work properly, but here are the last screenshots of my issues that I showed https://imgur.com/a/GVZ4slO https://imgur.com/a/urYywbc https://imgur.com/a/QxQOJJw how I was drawing before vs now with the exact same brush and the exact same setting but since the issue came. That's not the first time I'm having this issue and previously it was solved by resetting photoshop or my brushes, or stuff like that, but now it doesn't work anymore

I'm sorry to not being able to show more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines