• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing default tab highlight

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if I choose several images to work on, they are loaded as tabs in the work space, which is fine. The problem for me is that Photoshop then defaults to highlighting the tabs from right to left. I want them the other way round. i.e I want the left hand image to be automatically highlighted rather than the right hand image. Is there a way I can change this?

screenshot.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Why not load the images in reverse order? Starting with 12 and finish with 1 will solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS simply highlights the image thnat was loaded last. Nothing more to it. Otherwise I don't see an issue - it's easy enough to zap throug the tabs using standard shortcuts and highlight the first one with a simple Ctrl+Tab.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I know that it defaults to the last one loaded, but I want it to highlight the images the other way around. If I load twelve images and want to work on them from one to twelve, I have to re-assign the highlight after each one. Once I have finished working on image 1 and closed it, the highlight automatically moves to image 11. I want it to automatically move to image 2 when image 1 is closed so that I can work on the images in logical progression without having to keep jumping around the tabs. 

Best wishes

Tog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not load the images in reverse order? Starting with 12 and finish with 1 will solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know for sure this would work, but you can sort the images in Bridge.  I wonder if Photoshop would respect that order when opening several images?

Another option that would have to work, is to order them in Bridge, and rename them using the Bridge rename facility. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes! Re-ordering the files in their folder in reverse order solved it.

Now when they load into Photoshop they load backwards and the first one highlighted is the first in the series.

Many thanks for your help in showing me that all I needed was a little lateral thinking.

Best wishes

Tog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines