• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing photo background

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am running the latest version of Photoshop on my Windows 11 computer. 
In previous versions of Photoshop when I replaced the background of a photo and flattened the image as well as saved it to tiff then JPEG, I had a large file size with the end result. Now, they all seem much smaller, no matter how big the original subject in the photo is. Is there a setting that I am missing or that has somehow been changed? Is this only me? What am I doing differently, nothing it seems. I was happier when the final JPEGS were larger files. BTW, after I am finished with a final Tiff in Photoshop, I am exporting as JPEG from Lightroom.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

I can not tell you what is going on exactly without having files to export and check on my machine then to compare. You can try to post file dimensions and exported size plus JPEG settings although that is not accurate because amount of detail on image also matter.

"I was happier when the final JPEGS were larger files. "

Why? Bigger is better or you did 100% view examination?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not tell you what is going on exactly without having files to export and check on my machine then to compare. You can try to post file dimensions and exported size plus JPEG settings although that is not accurate because amount of detail on image also matter.

"I was happier when the final JPEGS were larger files. "

Why? Bigger is better or you did 100% view examination?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I see what you mean. I will try to find examples when I can get back to my PC.

Yes, I am examining at 100%.
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bojan,

Sorry for the delay with my reply and I thank you again. I did in fact change the jpeg settings and took note of all of the above. Now I notice that you were right in saying it depends on the detail of the image. I found when I added a blurred background to my subject, the file was much smaller in size and on the contrary, when I used a detailed background with my subject the file size was decent. So once again you were right about the detail of the image. Thanks! I thought in the past when I did this before, it was fine with the blurred background added (in terms of file size) but not any longer. Thanks for your help and have a great night!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you appreciate his help please mark provided answer as correct 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Done! Thanks! 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why export a jpg in Lightroom from a tif created in Photoshop? 

What are the exact jpg-settings? 

And just to make sure: Are you talking about the filesize (as in MB) or the size (as in pixel dimensions)? 

Could you please post meaningful screenshots to illustrate the problem? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly, thank you for your reply.
I Export to Lightroom because all of my watermarks are there and I need JPEGS with watermarks not Tiffs for some projects. I know I can do this in Photoshop but my workflow usually ends in Lightroom. All of my JPEG settings are set to the max output and when I said file size, I was referring to MB. I am not near my PC now so no photos to submit right at this moment.

Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jpeg settings are set to the max! Large file size, optimized , etc. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines