• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Check out what we're currently working on

Engaged ,
Aug 02, 2024 Aug 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are now eight (8) months into 2024 and no progress on "What We Are Working On" for Photoshop iPad. Photoshop Desktop had several new feature updates while Photoshop iPad had none. Why is that? Why is Photoshop iPad a "Country Cousin"? It's almost five (5) years since photoshop iPad launched and we are still missing basic functionality - Shapes, Guides/Grids, Smart Objects, etc.. Why is that? Funding, Leadership? This is Deja vu 2022 when Adobe had ZERO new features for iPad Photoshop. Go Figure...

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@pjglad there were updates in March to the iPad version and three other updates prior in 2024:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/mobile-2024-4.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not a new feature. Photoshop iPad is missing core funtionality - e.g. guides/grids, Shapes, Smart Objects. Let's be honest. The product is almost five years old...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Believe me, I've expressed my desires for more functionality with the iPad app for years. With half the iPad line up running the same processors as macs,there's no reason why it's not more in line with the desktop version. I mean, it hasn't even taken advantage of Apple Pencil Hovee, and that's a feature that's been on theiPad Pro since 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd take more functionality long before Generative AI features, but I have no love for Gen AI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 04, 2024 Aug 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe. As a paying customer, please extend to me the common courtesy of a response. My workflow in addition to Photoshop iPad includes Affinity Photo for Shapes and some filters plus Luminar Mobile for Sky Replacement. How hard is it to port Sky Masking from Lightroom Mobile? How hard is it to port Guides/Grids form Adobe Fresco? What's the issue? Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @pjglad 

You are a regular on the Adobe forums and have been here for over a decade. I apologize if you already know what I'm about to say:

To create a Feature Request, select Ideas instead of Discussions. Limit your requests to one per thread. Describe how the new feature will help your workflow. The product developers track these and users upvote them. This only works well when you follow the one-request-per-thread guideline. Details are here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/how-do-i-write-a-feature-request/idi-p/1238...

The volunteers can't answer your "why" and "how hard is it" questions, sorry.

When you created this thread, you selected "Discussions". Adobe Staff rarely post to discussions. These are mostly answered by other users who are volunteers.

You have some good ideas PJ!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

jane-e, 

Thanks for the response. Let's be upfront. The rollout velocity of new features and CORE features is a joke. 

Best,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines