• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I write a feature request?

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We’re excited to hear your ideas and look forward to seeing your new feature requests!

You may ask, What can you do to increase the chances of being heard? 

How will the feature help your workflow?
Describe why you want the feature - include the problem you're currently hitting, and how this new feature would solve that problem. Before working on a feature, the product team will need to understand how your idea fits in, and may even come up with a better way of solving your problem.

One request per thread:

When creating an Idea or Feature Request thread, please keep requests for features to ONE request per thread. Doing this will allow others to vote on the single, specific feature and not confuse Upvotes amongst a list of feature requests.

If an Idea thread has multiple requests in it, you may be asked by a moderator to split the multiple requests up into multiple threads so others can vote. 

Enlist support!
If you feel strongly about a feature, and you know other people do too, get them to vote!

Find Adobe Digital Imaging Community Bug and Idea Reports

You can search the lists of bug reports and feature requests prior to logging a bug report or requesting a feature.

Product ➡ 

Photoshop Ecosystem (Mac/Win, iOS)

Photoshop Beta (Mac/Win, Web)

Lightroom Classic (Mac/Win)

Lightroom Ecosystem (Cloud-based) (Mac/Win,

iOS/Android)

Adobe Camera Raw

Bugs

Search bugs

Desktop: Fixed

iPad: Fixed

Link

Link

Fixed bugs

Link

Desktop: Fixed

Mobile: Fixed

Link

Fixed bugs

Feature Requests

Link

Link

Link

Link

Link

Example Idea thread:

"When using the brush tool, it would be great if it was pressure sensitive when using my stylus"
"I really need X tool, when will that be implemented?"

Additionally: Any extra detail you can provide on "Why you need the feature to behave a certain way", or "what problem this feature request solves" is very useful for the product team.

pin-icon
Idea No status Locked
TOPICS
iPadOS , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
16 Comments
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attention Photoshop designers: For years I've sought the solution to keeping feathering in a selection that reaches the canvas bounds from feathering the canvas bounds.  (I didn't even know what the right term - the magic word - to discuss it is.) The default is to vignette the selection even if it includes top, bottom or sides of the canvas - not what I want 95 percent of the time. I only want the feather between parts of the  image.

I Just learned the solution involves Select>Modify>feather and a checkbox: "Apply feature to canvas bounds." It's buried, anything but intuitive. That decision is so critical to most feather setups that this checkbox should be in the main window alongside the feather size slider. And for my needs, the default should be "Don't apply feature to canvas bounds." Please fix it - put it front and center where any doofus like me can see and set it instantly and get on wth the task.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, you sent me there to see. You should just deselect it, it retains that state.

Of course if you need to get at it fast: alt/s/m/f - tab/spacebar

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You reply to me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that Adobe should start considering to have a containerization approach regardings its products, you can't cross the fingers hoping anything goes wrong or broken anytime that Windows has an update.

Adobe should have its own (agnostic) separated from the system runtime that it knows will work always fine with its products. And if by any unfortunately accident something goes wrong you simply fire up another "container".

This has the advantage also to create several spins of the same products to satisfy different workflow.

Current Windows has plenty of native solutions to achieve this level of isolation from the base system, this would also reduce drammatically the help requests since, restarting any products would a matter of seconds and becuase you tested your products on the same environment of anyone and you don't have to deal anymore with thousando of different configurations.

I prefer sacrifice a bit of CPU overahead and disk space that dealing with broken  software that prenvents me to work, is one week that I photoshop broken and I can't revert a windows update because it fails everytime.

Think about this would a win-win for both you and your customers!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After @J453 most likely split your request from this thread, others can vote for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Pete.Green most likely split your request from this thread, others can vote for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's a link to another site, I'm asking about this community (which is official, isn't it?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bugs & Ideas had Photoshop Family website that moved to here, while other apps use(d) User Voice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ivan-

You were given the link to the Premiere Pro community because this is the Photoshop community and your question was about Premiere Pro. Each product has it's own community to keep the topics separate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Btw, the search of the topics here must be improved.

Let's say, I've got ideas on the Curves, but when I check this keyword I see all the discussion... tons of them... and I can't search just in the Ideas section, or can I?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey, will you improve the SEARCH? is it so difficult?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Ivan Zajats, For just searching Ideas in Photoshop, you can use this link.

Hopefully we'll improvements to search coming in the future as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesn't show relevant results

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One request per thread:

When creating an Idea or Feature Request thread, please keep requests for features to ONE request per thread. Doing this will allow others to vote on the single, specific feature and not confuse Upvotes amongst a list of feature requests.

By @Pete.Green

@Pete.Green Hey, somebody has combined 2 my ideas in 1 topic! I don't like that...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/toggle-the-blend-if-visibility-in-1-click/i...

Although they are about the same filter, toggling on/off and deleting are different functions with different solutions!

upd. while you're sleeping, I've created a new separate topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any adequate moderators here? why are my ideas topics merged?

Votes

Translate

Translate