• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request: Mixbox True Pigment Mixing

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently the colour mixing in Adobe Photoshop is not true to real life (e.g. blue plus yellow makes a cream colour instead of green). I would love to see Adobe impliment a system like the one found here:[link removed as per forum guidelines]

It would improve the product greatly and keep Photoshop above the competition for digital artist.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

@돌연쟁이낑깡 

Have you tried Photoshop's Mixer Brush?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

@주희22855979xpn0 

I went to their link and saw that they are asking you and other users to spam ten forums. This is not the way this works.

B8D35251-6C94-4669-9949-F9AD9DD4C86C.jpeg

Tell them they need to go through the proper channels and work with Adobe (and the other companies) directly. Spamming the user forums will not help.

https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-manage-plugins.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
46 Comments
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mixbox! 

Wanna Use this ..  [link and image removed]

I cant forget this wonderful mixing color video.. 😞

Give me this and Take my money!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@주희22855979xpn0 

I went to their link and saw that they are asking you and other users to spam ten forums. This is not the way this works.

B8D35251-6C94-4669-9949-F9AD9DD4C86C.jpeg

Tell them they need to go through the proper channels and work with Adobe (and the other companies) directly. Spamming the user forums will not help.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane, it almost looks like a Ponzi scheme.  By the time you get to ten iterations you'd need to involve every Photoshop user on the planet.  Another ten iterations and you'd be talking grains of sand in a desert or stars in in the Universe.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fascinating video, @Trevor.Dennis !

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but I am really want adobe to create this mixbox, it's really useful for artists!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are aware there are already plugins for photoshop that do that, like:

https://anastasiy.com/mixcolors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are plugins for many features I am sure. That doesn't change the request. Especially because Anastasiy doesn't allow for mixing on canvas (e.g. laying down one colour and then painting over it with another, instead it requires you to mix colours in a seperate panel). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump. 

Being able to mix colours directly on the canvas would be an incredible feature and it's something I've always missed having. Can you please have Mixbox implemented? This would make a huge difference in our creative process. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Photoshop should include this in their software that they aim to be the industry standard, Rebelle 5 has this in it, and it is far cheaper than Photoshop. Come on Adobe plese catch up!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Share this request with others and ask them to request it too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that their business model is either OEM licensing or the hope of being acquired by a bigger fish and to crowd source petitions. I find it hard to accept that this is beyond a plug-in for end users. Or perhaps I'm just being cynical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dunno...I'm not aware of any plug-in that affects brush strokes directly while you draw. PS doesn't even give you the option of just mixing and blending colours while painting. There's the mixer brush and the smudge tool but those are not the same. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a programmer, so if this is beyond a plug-in Adobe can of course create their own similar capability,  license or acquire the technology from this or another developer or continue with their roadmap which may or may not include any of this.

Regardless, the developers are encouraging the public to make noise in fora such as this.

EDIT: by plug-in, I was thinking of a separate workspace/gui/toolset, such as Liquify or Camera Raw – not "native tool integration" into the core of Photoshop behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For sure, I think people will be happy either way, as long as we get the functionality. They haven't made any upgrades to digital drawing/painting aspects of the software in ages, so a little noise won't hurt imo. Sometimes that's what's needed to get the ball rolling. Adobe charges a lot of money for their services, and fair enough, but they should keep up with the times. More alternatives on the market should push them to be more competitive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe didn't even add many function from fresco to photoshop. Honestly adobe need to focus more on the digital painting side of photoshop since it is already best all other photo editor in market. As for the mixing, I find that people already used to digital painting will probably find it unnecessary but I could probably wrong about that. More option is welcome anyway. Please support digital artist adobe 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@돌연쟁이낑깡 

Have you tried Photoshop's Mixer Brush?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that this would be a great improvement for Photoshop, and potentially AE, Illustrator, and more!  Even if you're just creating a gradient in one of these programs, you won't get appealing in-between colors for many combinations. 
Adobe really shouldn't have any excuse not to implement this because the creators of MixBox essentially made it as easy as possible to integrate into any RGB based program.  Just like Illustrator has RGB and CMYK modes, you should be able to change the project color mixing mode in PS to "Pigment" or "Natural" or something.
It's NOT just about mixing colors on a pallette like Bob Ross- it's about truer, more vibrant colors no matter how you mix them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice to add color mixing possibilites that were the same or similar to mixing traditional oils and acrylic paints.

This would be a great addition to Photoshop or any drawing or painting in the Adobe line of apps.

Here is a company that has code that can be included into any app:

[Link removed by moderator]

Bob Bovassso

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm surprised we don't have Mixbox [link removed as per forum guidelines]  right now. Can we get this on, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michał26002763l9yg 

We are aware that MixBox is telling folks to request this en masse on their website. That's not how plug-ins work. The developers need to work with Adobe and offer it as a plug-in. 

37ED68EA-C85F-4872-B0D2-9F06F747ECC9.jpeg

Please give MixBox this link and tell them to go through proper channels.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I merged the different requests in the oldest one I found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jane-e Thank you for pointing that out to me. I notified authors of the plugin, hopefully they will be able make it work now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not think that a plugin could work, it seems to be a technology integrated with the paint tool, a color blending algorithm. They are begging to be acquit-hired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I beleive it's already integrated into Rebelle Pro, so I would think it could be integrated into Photoshop.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PECourtejoie That is correct. This is the reply I got yesterday from the founder of Secret Weapons (Mixbox dev):

Hi Michał,

thank you for your interest in Mixbox and for posting on Adobe's forum.
The thing is that Mixbox is such a low-level feature - a new blending mode - that it cannot be deployed as a plugin. Photoshop simply doesn't provide the necessary API to add a new blending mode as a plugin. Mixbox needs to be integrated within the canvas so that the colors interact correctly during painting. The only way to get Mixbox into Photoshop is if the Photoshop developers do it.

We have prepared a very practical library, so it's super easy to integrate it. They had it done in Rebelle in two weeks. However, unless someone in Adobe decides to use our library, there is nothing we can do. We're really sorry."

And so the ball is back again on Adobe's side.

Votes

Translate

Translate