• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request: Mixbox True Pigment Mixing

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently the colour mixing in Adobe Photoshop is not true to real life (e.g. blue plus yellow makes a cream colour instead of green). I would love to see Adobe impliment a system like the one found here:[link removed as per forum guidelines]

It would improve the product greatly and keep Photoshop above the competition for digital artist.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

@주희22855979xpn0 

I went to their link and saw that they are asking you and other users to spam ten forums. This is not the way this works.

B8D35251-6C94-4669-9949-F9AD9DD4C86C.jpeg

Tell them they need to go through the proper channels and work with Adobe (and the other companies) directly. Spamming the user forums will not help.

https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-manage-plugins.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
55 Comments
Participant ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'cve noticed the colors in Rebelle, with or without pigment mixing enabled, seem brighter than other apps, especially Photoshop. And, I'm pretty sure I'm iusing the same color space and profile.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bobzilla63 

Is this about pigment mixing representation, or overall color reproduction?

If the latter, I suspect "Rebelle", whatever that is, doesn't fully support color management. Or you have a defective monitor profile. Either way, you should start a new thread.

If this is about how to represent mixing pigments, my point above was that there is no absolute reference to this. Different pigments of the same hue behave differently. One blue pigment does not mix the same way as another blue pigment. If you want to attract new customers you can obviously present a very vivid representation, but that doesn't mean it's realistic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was replying to someone about mixing acrylic paint. I didn't reply to them directly.

Rebelle is a painting program. Pretty close to trqditional painting even when not using "real pigment mixing."

Since you've never heard of it, I imagine you don;t do a lot of digital painting.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe not, but I've done a whole lot of real painting 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've done quite a bit years ago. Oils, acrylics, pastels, colored pencils, tried everything. I like the feel of oils best, but the drying time is excruciating and I didnlt want to deal with the toxicity. Acrylics dried TOO fast. (I know. We're getting into Goldilocks territory!) I finally settled on pastels and pastel pencils. But, they're a bit messy and I don't have the room.

Enter digital paiintng. It took a little while to get used to it, but I enjoy it. And, the closer I can get to traditional without the mess is good!

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate