Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clean SL

Advocate ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello gang!

I just wanted to share with you my small utility tool for Photoshop called Clean SL that cleans ScriptingListenerJS.log file to make it more readable.

Recently watched Davide_Barranca​'s Adobe Photoshop HTML Panels Development course  and realised how painful it is to work with Action Manager's code and how unreadable it is right off the box. I know there are quite a few other tools that cleans log file, however it doesn't hurt to have an option to choose.

Interested? Grab it here: rendertom / Clean SL / source / — Bitbucket

Clean SL.png

Script performs multiple actions such as cleaning-up variable names and hoisting them to the top, wraps code block into function, converts charID to string ID for better readability and such. Resulting code is clean and maintains better readability.

Features:

• Load entire ScriptingListenerJS.log content
  • Load only last entry in ScriptingListenerJS.log
  • Enter ScriptingListenerJS code manually

Options:

• Hoist variable declaration to the top
  • Consolidate variables
  • Give descriptive variable names
  • Convert charID to stringID for better readability
  • Replace stringIDToTypeID() to s2t() function
  • Wrap to function block.

Example:

From this:

var idHStr = charIDToTypeID( "HStr" );

var desc21 = new ActionDescriptor();

var idpresetKind = stringIDToTypeID( "presetKind" );

var idpresetKindType = stringIDToTypeID( "presetKindType" );

var idpresetKindCustom = stringIDToTypeID( "presetKindCustom" );

desc21.putEnumerated( idpresetKind, idpresetKindType, idpresetKindCustom );

var idClrz = charIDToTypeID( "Clrz" );

desc21.putBoolean( idClrz, false );

var idAdjs = charIDToTypeID( "Adjs" );

var list1 = new ActionList();

var desc22 = new ActionDescriptor();

var idH = charIDToTypeID( "H   " );

desc22.putInteger( idH, 39 );

var idStrt = charIDToTypeID( "Strt" );

desc22.putInteger( idStrt, 23 );

var idLght = charIDToTypeID( "Lght" );

desc22.putInteger( idLght, -27 );

var idHsttwo = charIDToTypeID( "Hst2" );

list1.putObject( idHsttwo, desc22 );

desc21.putList( idAdjs, list1 );

executeAction( idHStr, desc21, DialogModes.NO );

to this:

hueSaturation();

function hueSaturation() {

var s2t = function (s) {

return app.stringIDToTypeID(s);

};

var descriptor = new ActionDescriptor();

var list = new ActionList();

var descriptor2 = new ActionDescriptor();

descriptor.putEnumerated( s2t( "presetKind" ), s2t( "presetKindType" ), s2t( "presetKindCustom" ));

descriptor.putBoolean( s2t( "colorize" ), false );

descriptor2.putInteger( s2t( "hue" ), 39 );

descriptor2.putInteger( s2t( "saturation" ), 23 );

descriptor2.putInteger( s2t( "lightness" ), -27 );

list.putObject( s2t( "hueSatAdjustmentV2" ), descriptor2 );

descriptor.putList( s2t( "adjustment" ), list );

executeAction( s2t( "hueSaturation" ), descriptor, DialogModes.NO );

}

Installation

Clone or download repository and place Clean SJ.jsx script to Photoshop’s Scripts folder:

Adobe Photoshop CC 20XX -> Presets -> Scripts -> Clean JS.jsx

Restart Photoshop to access Clean JS script from File -> Scripts

------------------------------------------------

Since I am rather new to Photoshop Scripting, I might have missed something of my code brakes. So if you find any bugs or issues, please do not hesitate to let me know so I could fix it.

So, happy cleaning everybody!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 131 Replies 131
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SuperMerlin  schrieb

Panic over, I was trying ctrl/c ctrl/v after selecting the text, this does not work for me, but right click and select copy does work. How strange is that!

Hmmh?

click (selecting the text) and then strg+c strg+v (eg in editor) works for me under Windows as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How ScriptUI  works depends on the version in use. For example a single click in the clean code pain will select all in the panel in the scriptUI version iset in CC 2017.  The same click in older ScriptUI versions will only highlights the clean code frame.  While you can select test within it its a bear to select and scroll to select wall the cleaned code its not actually useable.  In CC 2017 if to start selecting in the window you have the same problem. But you can switch to the source window and then switch to the clean window to select all.

ScriptUI was implemented using flash in older version of Photoshop where newer versions of ScriptUI was recorded html.  There were many issues with the new version most have been fixed and the are still inconsistent behaviors between versions.  The may be differences between platforms also Paul left this forum because Adobe never fixed bugs he reported.  Adobe only chooses to fix some reported bugs.  There are bugs in Photoshop the have been reported that remain in Photoshop release after release.  There are some incompatibilities between versions of Photoshop. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SuperMerlin  wrote

Just found a bug in the increment function, it is putting a space between the function name and the increment number. A quick fix.

newVariableVersion = coreName.replace(/^\s+|\s$/g,'') + versionNumber;

I tried that quick fix it did not work.  It only seemed to remove a single space.   I do not know jacascript and regular expressions are  above my pay grade.  All I could do us  take my hammer and chisel and hack at  his code.  My scupture is not a work of art but the monster works for me.  So I cam now un check Convert charID to stringID  and the cleaned up code works where if fails if I check Convert charID to stringID.  However the has also clear up the problem I was having with the thir mat failing in the return statement at the top if the step.

This is my ugly hack please clean it up.

function increment(string, storedArray) {

var coreName, newVariableVersion, versionNumber;

coreName = string.replace(/\d+$/, "");

coreName = coreName.replace(/^\s+|\s$/g,'');

newVariableVersion = coreName;

versionNumber = 2;

while (contains(storedArray, newVariableVersion)) {

newVariableVersion = coreName + versionNumber;

versionNumber++;

}

storedArray.push(newVariableVersion);

return newVariableVersion;

}

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WAW that's great of you! Thank you so much !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heya! 

Came across this but it does not seem to be working for Photoshop 2020? Will this be updated you think? I get a lot of errors even with simple things unless I remove the codes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The make that fails is a make text layer so any make text will fail. So disabled convert charID to stringID option will fix the problem for me anyway.  Action manager code recorded by scriptlisten is nasty to look at.  Russ and Davide know scripting I just hack at it.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much love to everyone contributing, especially JJMack for testing it. Love you guys!

Clean SL v1.3 is online: Please remove old Clean SL Settings.txt file before using this update.

• Renames Descriptive variable name to Rename constructors
  • Renames Shorten stringIDToTypeID to Shorten method names
  • Exposes predefined object with variables for you guys to change in code:
    •    junkArray: in case I am removing something important, feel free to edit this.
    •    constructorNames: feel free to change how you name your constructors. Davide_Barranca going to love this!
    •    shortMethodNames : if you don't like name s2t() or c2t() feel free to edit this.
    •    printToESTK: want to print clean code to ESTK console? Sure thing SuperMerlin
    •    removeJunkOnFullLogRead: as you requested JJMack
    •    closeAfterSaving : done! geppettol66959005
  • Removes duplicate variable declarations and sorts them alphabetically when hoisting
  • Shorten method names shortens both charIDToTypeID() and stringIDToTypeID()
  • Skips converting charIDtoStringID() if CharID has conflicting StringID values - thanks xbytor2 and Davide_Barranca for bringing this to my attention.
  • Parses variable declarations to check if same variable has different values - JJMack you had issues with this in your extra-big log file you sent me earlier.

Enjoy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great rounds of updates, thank you, Tomas!

Davide Barranca - PS developer and author
www.ps-scripting.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have I done wrong? Is there a dependency on this JSON2.JS file? Latest CC17…

Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 07.31.46.png

Is this the one?

json2.js · GitHub

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeap, download entire repository and link to json2.js file will be valid.

I had to used this library for reading/parsing UI data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both files in the presets/scripts folder and the error persists. What am I doing wrong?

Do I need to remove the comments from line 52? Remove the comments and change to the absolute install path?

?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then just update the path on line 52 to link to json2.js file

//@include "custom/path/to/json2.js"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated the code:

//@include "/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS6/Presets/Scripts/json2.js"

Should I be using CC17 instead? I usually have ScriptListener in a lesser used “sandpit” version, in this case CS6.

Now returns a new error:

Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 13.29.00.png

EDIT: Same error in CC17. I have tried moving the JSON2 file into different folders, both inside and outside of the logged in User’s folder with the same results (obviously updating the path each time).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steven, can you please try this build? Dropbox - Clean SL v1.3.jsxbin​ 

It has JSON2 built-in, so you don't need to change anything. Please let me know if that works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works fine! Thanks, I am interested to test, so thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Geat update Thomas all seem to work Thank You for my option.  To get an extra lone log all you need to do is add a test layer.   Text is a beast that is why I added a text layer.  It showed up the the problem you have now fixed.   I wish Adobe would fix a few more of their bugs.  So I may could use CC 2017 instead of being gun shy duck and use CC 2014.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Davide_BarrancaJJMackSuperMerlinxbytor2

I think I found a bug in my code, but I need your advice.

Some of CharIDs return empty StringID - can this happen?

For instance, I have this script that returns ~90% empty StringIDs. Could you check this for me? Or am I loosing my mind? If such things happen, I will fix it, but before I do that, I need your input, couse you guys have more exp with AM then I do.

(function () {

var charIDs = ["SWOp", "OpSa", "DIDr", "In  ", "Fmt ", "IRFm", "JPEG", "Intr", "Qlty", "QChS", "QCUI", "QChT", "QChV", "Optm", "Pass", "blur", "Mtt ", "EICC", "MttR", "MttG", "MttB", "SHTM", "SImg", "SWsl", "STsl", "SLAl", "SWch", "STch", "CHsR", "SWmd", "STmd", "MDCC", "ohXH", "ohIC", "ohAA", "ohQA", "ohCA", "ohIZ", "ohTC", "SToc", "OC03", "ohAC", "SToc", "OC03", "ohIn", "ohLE", "STle", "LE03", "ohEn", "STen", "EN00", "olCS", "olEC", "STst", "ST00", "olWH", "STwh", "WH01", "olSV", "STsp", "SP04", "olSH", "STsp", "SP04", "ncTp", "STnc", "NC00", "SCnc", "ncTp", "STnc", "NC19", "SCnc", "ncTp", "STnc", "NC28", "SCnc", "ncTp", "STnc", "NC24", "SCnc", "ncTp", "STnc", "NC24", "SCnc", "ncTp", "STnc", "NC24", "SCnc", "olNC", "obIA", "obIP", "obCS", "STcs", "CS01", "ncTp", "STnc", "NC01", "SCnc", "ncTp", "STnc", "NC20", "SCnc", "ncTp", "STnc", "NC02", "SCnc", "ncTp", "STnc", "NC19", "SCnc", "ncTp", "STnc", "NC06", "SCnc", "ncTp", "STnc", "NC24", "SCnc", "ncTp", "STnc", "NC24", "SCnc", "ncTp", "STnc", "NC24", "SCnc", "ncTp", "STnc", "NC22", "SCnc", "ovNC", "ovCM", "ovCW", "ovCU", "ovSF", "ovCB", "ovSN", "Usng", "Expr"];

var stringID;

for (var i = 0, il = charIDs.length; i < il; i++) {

stringID = charIDtoStringID(charIDs);

$.writeln("charID: \"" + charIDs + "\",\tStringID: \"" + stringID + "\"");

}

function charIDtoStringID(charID) {

try {

return typeIDToStringID(charIDToTypeID(charID));

} catch (e) {

alert("Unable to convert \"" + charID + "\" to StringID\n" + e.toString() + "\nLine: " + e.line.toString() + "\n" + charID);

return charID;

}

}

})();

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tomas,

I knew that some charID has no correspondence to any stringID, but I run into them quite rarely. I cannot say the reason why, though. Didn't Adobe engineer bother to add them? Some internal stuff only that isn't supposed to be used by third party devs?

Davide Barranca - PS developer and author
www.ps-scripting.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this function was from X

function IDTz(id){

try {

var res = typeIDToStringID( id );

if(res == '' ){

var res = typeIDToCharID( id );

}

}catch(e){}

return res;

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeap, got it. Thanks for clearing this for me. Will fix Clean SL to catch and ignore empty StringsIDs.

Thanks guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed few bugs in Clean SL v1.3.1:

• Skips converting CharID to StringID if CharID does not have corresponding StringID;
  • Validates function and variable names against reserved JS words.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thomas

I want to thank you again for this tool ant the work you have put into it.  You know I only hack at scripting.  I use windows and control the Scriptlistener log via Windows commands. Which I wrapped into a widows Batch command file.  I'm sure you could do something like that on a Mac.  If the  JSX Launcher works on a Mac and works it does on windows  With CC 2014 through CC 2017 you could also have a persistent Palette window in Photoshop to control the log file.  If you start the palette before opening any document the Palette will be associated with the JSX Launcher and stick around. As lone as Photoshop and SAX Launcher extension is active.    I wrote an Palette script today for windows.  You could most likely to use it with Mac OSX and CC 2014 - CC 2017.  With the right  OSX command.  Or even modify it to work on both Windows and Mac machine by testing the users platform.  You could distribute is along with Clean SL as a companion palette.

Capture.jpg]

Jive messes with formatting Its not much code you should be able to still read it. Or use the link

CtrlSL.jsx

// JJMack 2017 Control Scriptistener Log in Photoshop

var palette = new Window( "palette" ,"Scriptlistener Log File");

palette.orientation = "row";

palette.btna = palette.add( "button", undefined,'Lock' );

palette.btnb = palette.add( "button", undefined,'UnLock' );

palette.btnc = palette.add( "button", undefined,'Edit' );

palette.btnd = palette.add( "button", undefined,'Clear' );

palette.btnx = palette.add( "button", undefined, "Exit Palette");

customEventManager = {

events: {},

addListener: function( evt, handler, context ) {

if ( !this.events[ evt ] ) {

this.events[ evt ] = [];

}

this.events[ evt ].push( { "handler": handler, "context": context } );

},

trigger: function( evt ) {

if ( this.events[ evt ] ) {

for ( var i = 0; i < this.events[ evt ].length; i++ ) {

this.events[ evt ][ i ].handler.call( this.events[ evt ][ i ].context, evt );

}

}

}

}

palette.btna.onClick = function() {palette.evt.trigger( "Lock" );}

palette.btnb.onClick = function() {palette.evt.trigger( "UnLock" );}

palette.btnc.onClick = function() {palette.evt.trigger( "Edit" );}

palette.btnd.onClick = function() {palette.evt.trigger( "Clear" );}

palette.btnx.onClick = function() {palette.close();};

aHandler = function( evt) {

app.system('Attrib +R "%USERPROFILE%\\Desktop\\ScriptingListenerJS.log"');

}

bHandler = function( evt) {

app.system('Attrib -R "%USERPROFILE%\\Desktop\\ScriptingListenerJS.log"');

}

cHandler = function( evt) {

app.system('Start notepad "%USERPROFILE%\\Desktop\\ScriptingListenerJS.log"');

}

dHandler = function( evt) {

app.system('Echo. > "%USERPROFILE%\\Desktop\\ScriptingListenerJS.log"');

}

palette.evt = customEventManager;

palette.evt.addListener( "Lock", aHandler );

palette.evt.addListener( "UnLock", bHandler );

palette.evt.addListener( "Edit", cHandler );

palette.evt.addListener( "Clear", dHandler );

palette.onShow = function(){ 

var ww = palette.bounds.width; 

var hh = palette.bounds.height; 

PaletteDisplay = 0;                                         // Photoshop's First Display

//PaletteDisplay = $.screens.length-1;                        // Photoshop's Last Display

PaletteTop   = $.screens[PaletteDisplay].top + 990;         // Relative to Top of display

PaletteLeft]  = $.screens[PaletteDisplay].right - ww - 41 ;  // Relative to Right of side not Left side of display

palette.bounds.x  = PaletteLeft; 

palette.bounds.y  = PaletteTop; 

palette.bounds.width  = ww; 

palette.bounds.height  = hh; 

}  

//alert($.screens);

palette.show();

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gang, what about yet another option in Clean SL to extract method parameters?

It would really work great with small AM codes, like opening documents, changing Hue/Sat, transform, maybe something else, as those use few parameters. However it would actually blow up with textlayers, as there would be >80 params.

But still, trying to explore the possibility.

Before:

transform();

function transform() { ... }

After:

transform(0, 0, 45);

function transform(horizontal, vertical, angle) { ... }

Some examples:

open2(new File( "/Users/rendertom/Desktop/Image.png" ));

function open2(null4) {

descriptor.putPath( charIDToTypeID( "null" ), null4 );

descriptor.putInteger( stringIDToTypeID( "documentID" ), 210 );

executeAction( stringIDToTypeID( "open" ), descriptor, DialogModes.NO );

}

hueSaturation(false, 20, 33, 52);

function hueSaturation(colorize, hue, Strt, lightness) {

var list = new ActionList();

descriptor.putEnumerated( stringIDToTypeID( "presetKind" ), stringIDToTypeID( "presetKindType" ), stringIDToTypeID( "presetKindCustom" ));

descriptor.putBoolean( stringIDToTypeID( "colorize" ), colorize );

descriptor2.putInteger( stringIDToTypeID( "hue" ), hue );

descriptor2.putInteger( charIDToTypeID( "Strt" ), Strt );

descriptor2.putInteger( stringIDToTypeID( "lightness" ), lightness );

list.putObject( stringIDToTypeID( "hueSatAdjustmentV2" ), descriptor2 );

descriptor.putList( stringIDToTypeID( "adjustment" ), list );

executeAction( stringIDToTypeID( "hueSaturation" ), descriptor, DialogModes.NO );

}

transform(-24, 7.5, 54.658385, 55);

function transform(horizontal, vertical, width, height) {

var reference = new ActionReference();

reference.putEnumerated( stringIDToTypeID( "layer" ), stringIDToTypeID( "ordinal" ), stringIDToTypeID( "targetEnum" ));

descriptor.putReference( charIDToTypeID( "null" ), reference );

descriptor.putEnumerated( stringIDToTypeID( "freeTransformCenterState" ), stringIDToTypeID( "quadCenterState" ), stringIDToTypeID( "QCSAverage" ));

descriptor2.putUnitDouble( stringIDToTypeID( "horizontal" ), stringIDToTypeID( "pixelsUnit" ), horizontal );

descriptor2.putUnitDouble( stringIDToTypeID( "vertical" ), stringIDToTypeID( "pixelsUnit" ), vertical );

descriptor.putObject( stringIDToTypeID( "offset" ), stringIDToTypeID( "offset" ), descriptor2 );

descriptor.putUnitDouble( stringIDToTypeID( "width" ), stringIDToTypeID( "percentUnit" ), width );

descriptor.putUnitDouble( stringIDToTypeID( "height" ), stringIDToTypeID( "percentUnit" ), height );

descriptor.putEnumerated( charIDToTypeID( "Intr" ), stringIDToTypeID( "interpolationType" ), stringIDToTypeID( "bicubic" ));

executeAction( stringIDToTypeID( "transform" ), descriptor, DialogModes.NO );

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think most use Action manager Code to make functions that have parameters.  Your tool make it easier to add the parameters for one can actually read your cleaned code.  Adding an option to do that would be good. We could use it either way.   Text is a beast.  I feel I never be able to script text well.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started implementing Extract Parameters function. It's in dev branch. In case someone wants to test it - find it here:

rendertom / Clean SL / source / — Bitbucket

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines