Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clipboard data from photoshop to excel

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

Is it possible to copy the active layer group name to clipboard and paste in a excel file to get get the value from the cells and return to user to notifies the product type as an message.

for example: I am having three layer-sets in the active document so now i click the first layer group named CYF022 and i need to copy it from Photoshop and paste it into the excel sheet to know the product information.

so i had an idea to copy the active layers name to clipboard but have no idea to paste that value in the sheet and get value from the next column cell and alerts into Photoshop

Anyone please help me on this !

my excel file will be like:

https://s16.postimg.org/qmpgkikpx/data.jpg

Thanks,

John

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop and Excel won't communicate with each other regarding alerts and PS won't copy/paste into Excel. Maybe if you could explain your objective a bit more we could find a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i want to know the product type for image so that i am using the product code as my reference in layersets so using the name in layer group and get the details from stored excel sheet i want to know to product type while working in photoshop so if any other ideas please tell me out...like shell command or

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create a master spreadsheet of all Product Codes and Product Types and save that as a CSV file you can write a Photoshop script that reads the name of the active layer, look up that value in the CSV file and return the Product Type in PS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah even tried that but it take long time while reading data from the spreadsheet. Is there any way to do that quick .actually my master files in on the local server

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many rows is the CSV file? Could you paste the code you have for what you got so far?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#target photoshop

var doc = activeDocument

var gp = doc.activeLayer

var csvFile = new File ('~desktop/script-test.csv')

var fileInfo = readTextFile (csvFile)

var item= fileInfo.split('\n')[0].split (',')

var price = fileInfo.split('\n')[1].split(',')

for (var i=0;i<item.length;i++) {

if(item ==gp.name) {

doc.activeLayer = gp.layers[0]

doc.activeLayer.textItem.contents = price

}

}

function   readTextFile(textFile) {

textFile.encoding = "UTF8"

textFile.lineFeed = "unix"

textFile.open ("r", "TEXT", "????");

var str  = textFile.read ();

textFile.close();

return str

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

4 rows in the csv file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines