• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clipping Mask are not yielding same results in 2019 & 2020

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having a problem with a file, that I was able to re-create on a smaller scale. Basically I have a Layer set with let's say 2 layers with painted textures. Each layer has a blending mode of lighten & hard light. The problem comes when I create a curve adjustment layer on top and then apply it to the folder underneath as a clipping mask. The results in PS 2020 goes crazy. Any masking and blending modes are pretty much out the window, But I open the same file in PS 2019 and the blending modes hold and all my masking in kept in tact. 

ScreenShot.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Try

Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Legacy Compositing

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try

Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Legacy Compositing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,  that worked. I don't know why the compositing enegine would have changed so drastic from 1 version to the next or what the drawbacks are to keeping it in Legacy mode, but as long as it gives me the results I need. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The new compositing engine (don’t remember whether it was introduced with CC 2018 or CC 2019) appears to still be problematic. 

The fault might possibly lie with the GPU drivers but for a Photoshop user that makes no difference when the results are nonsensical. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines