• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone Stamp tool pastes with a little more saturation than the source

Contributor ,
Feb 11, 2024 Feb 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes when the Clone Stamp tool pastes, the result is more saturated (and sometimes) less detailed than the source. 

Stamp not same as clone.jpg

In this example, I've sampled at the circle's location, and "pasted" right below, removing a halo from the edge of the shoulder. As you can see, the result is a little darker, and a little more saturated than the source. To adapt, I sometimes have to paste with a lower opacity, but that just helps approximate the appearance.

I'm only sampling the current layer.

100% hardness doesn’t help.

I’ve reset the Clone Stamp tool.

M1 MacBook Air

Current Photoshop

Eizo CS2740 display

Any idea what’s going on? I do a lot of heavy tonal and color manipulation, and, in spite of taking care, I often have a few halos to deal with. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have adjustment layers and the clone tool set to "sample all layers"? Set it to current layer only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the clone tool is set to sample the current layer only. It's a stamped visible layer, so it’s all pixels.

It's a tight space, but I was able to get better results from the patch tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, odd. You're sure there isn't a very subtle gradient there? Can you reliably reproduce this, or is it erratic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ll do some testing to see if it’s repeatable. When it made things difficult in the past, I always found other ways around it. I finally decided to figure out what's going on –the tool should make things easy!

Thanks,
Russell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2024 Jun 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often experience the same problem, only it's much more pronounced with not only a change in saturation but an alteration in color. As an example, I was cloning a bit of beige sandy beach from one photo to the other, and the result is a pink beach. The water turned from a normal looking blue to some kind of  irridescent space-age blue. This problem is sporadic but reoccurs annoyingly all too often. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2024 Jun 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

from one photo to the other

By @ThomasWM

That's probably something else. If the two files are in different color spaces, the numbers you clone will mean different things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2024 Jun 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have any adjustment layers higher up the stack?  I usually turn them off when this sort of thing happens, and re-enable them afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Can you show us a screen shot of your Options bar with the Clone Stamp tool selected in your tool panel, as well as your brushes panel so we can see their settings?

Thanks,

Michelle 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Can you show us a screen shot of your Options bar with the Clone Stamp tool selected in your tool panel, as well as your brushes panel so we can see their settings?

Thanks,

Michelle 

By @mglush

Plus the Layers Panel so we can see about the Layer structure. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rbanks88 , the Clone Stamp Tool apparently worked just fine – the Clone Source is simply darker than the target area. 

Compare your screenshot and the original section overlayed on the position of the Clone Stamp-application. 

Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 17.04.28.pngScreenshot 2024-06-26 at 17.04.32.pngScreenshot 2024-06-26 at 17.04.37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you provide that section of the original image (undamaged, so no jpg please)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines