Close action folders

Contributor ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work hard with the action

I have one problem

When I use the actions the folders that hold them remain open

There is a way to close all folders containing the actions.

12.jpg

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No like actions can not dot that scripts can not do that.   Actions and script have little control over the appearance of Photoshop's UI appearance.  Menu Items can be use to do some things line menu view fit in view.

The Action palette scrolls better than Photoshop menu and you have an interface  to collapse Actions views and Actions sets.   Do not load to many action sets and expand everything. If you do you may exceed the size limit of the action palette and Photoshop will stop working.

I do no know if the is a limit to the number of scripts you can add to Photoshop.   You can group scripts  in the scripts menu however you can not collapse scripts groups.  Photoshop scrolls menu one name at a time.  Hovever You can run scripts from outside of Adobe scripts folder and by dropping them on Photoshop from windows file explorer for faster scrolling even search a name.  You can also add the JSX Lanucher extension and create folders of script for the work at hand. For  quick access to scripts you will be using.   

You can write scripts to delete all action sets loaded in the actions palette and then load actions sets you will be using. If the Actions sets were saved collapsed they will load in a collapsed state.  So you could also write a script to delete an action set then load the same action set so it will be collapsed like it was saved. However, it position will go to the bottom of the action palette.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JJMack

Your answers are always accurate and exhaustive

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines