• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Differences between LR and PS.

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I externally edit from LR in PS, the colors and contrast change.

I've been trying to fix this myself for quite some time now and nothing is working.

When I post-process my photos, I import into LR as RAW to do all my color correcting and minor touchups. I only use PS on occasion for more extreme touchups, cloning, and other non-LR functions. Both apps and Camera RAW are updated.

BOTH LR and PS have matching color profiles at RGB 16bit color as their settings state but will still create different results.

Even when I export from PS without ANY post-processing or adjustments made, the photo will still differ from an export from LR.

The left image is from LR and the right is from PS.

What can I do to fix this, does anyone know?Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 5.36.03 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If I read your post correctly, the images look the same in Photoshop and Lightroom but look different after exporting from each of those applications?

If that is the case check your export settings to ensure you have "embed color profile" and if exporting for web use "Convert to sRGB".

These can be found in :
Photoshop Export > Save for web:

or Photoshop > Export As

and in Lightroom Classic

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, they appear different in the apps as well. But thank you for your help! (These are my export settings too btw)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

OK I understand

Can you check that in Photoshop > Color Settings your colour management policies are set to "Preserve Embedded Profiles"

If they are, and you still have that issue , then you may have a broken monitor profile.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, if two color managed applications display the same file differently, then there is usually a problem with the monitor profile.

However, in this case I suspect a version difference between Photoshop/ACR and Lightroom. That normally doesn't matter, but a while ago the camera profiles got a complete overhaul, with some new profiles and a brand new default. If ACR opens the file using a different camera profile than Lightroom, you get color inconsistencies.

Lightroom should now be at version 7.5, and the corresponding ACR version is 10.5 (running under Photoshop 19.1.6). Make sure you are updated to these versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is also one other possibility that I should have asked in my last post. As well as checking the color management policies, can you also confirm that when you choose Edit in Photoshop from Lightroom that you also choose Edit ....with Lightroom Adjustments.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having this issue, and my Camera Raw on Photoshop is 11.3 and Lightroom 10.5 and the colors doesn't match. Problably the same issue in this case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines