• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Issues with HDR enabled for my Monitor

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Recetally got new laptop  Blade 16 and having a very strange issue. 

I have the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Laptop GPU,  and when I enable the HDR  mode in WIN 11: SYSTEM - DISPLAY,   Then obviusly my screen gets immediatly brighter and amazing,  EXCEPT Photoshop turns a super warm dingy yellow. It is the WHOLE APP that is affected , the UI etc.     All my other apps (Including ADOBE apps liek After Effects) are displaying correctly its just photoshop that is the issue.  I have screenshots included, but i have also tried a myrid of combinations  such as turning on Optimus (letting win switch between my GPU and Dedicated Graphics CPU) but typically have the GPU controlling.   I have also swapped color profiles to no avail.  See screenshots, and i can provide ANY additinoal info if needed, but this is maddening.  Again seems to only do this when i turn on the HDR capability on my monitor ,  and just as an FYI  when I do  do that,  my laptop I think identifies it as "display 2 / Hard Wired".   So not sure if that has anythign to do with it.  Help....

HDR ON:  PHOTOSHOP IS WACK! 

HDR ON PS IS JACKED.png

HDR OFF:  PHOTOSHOP IS FINE

HDR OFF PS IS FINE.png

HDR IS ON AND AFTER EFFECTS IS FINE:

AFTER EFFECTS OK.pngI HAVE TRIED MULTIPLS PROFILES:  

HAVE TRIED MULTIPS PROFILES.png

Can provide ALL system specs etc if needed... 

THANKS!!!!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reports of such issues, under Windows only, with HDR have been reported. Part of this could be due to the GPU (if you disable it in preferences, any better)?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a HDR display, but if you right-click the application icon and select "properties", there should be a checkbox to "use legacy display icc color management". Try that. Apparently HDR in Windows is a work in progress.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-windows-hdr-calibration-breaks-phoshop-ui-... 

(nevermind the OP who has completely messed up his color settings, but see Jeffrey's correct answer).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omg Thank you this saved my life!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but no that did not work.  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BOOM! That acutaly worked, THANK YOU!  In my case the box was already checked, and UNchecking that fixed the issue.    Love how bright and nice the HDR is but its very much a work in process i think.  I have issues with screen dimming out of no where ( and yes have turned off the Ambient / Screen dim thing in display settings and checked options for battery power saver mode etc).  But yea.. that did it.   Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick Update:  the  Click on the Compatibility tab and select the "use legacy display ICC color management" checkbox  DID work for me.  However... I downlaoded PS Beta and it was having the same color issues, and now i have discovered that when i right click on the app's  exe  and go to properties, i do not have a "compatibility" tab at all.   Does anyone know why that may be,  and/or  another way to access that option  for legacy display ICC color management????   Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unchecking "use legacy display icc color management" worked for me too. (Beta 25.4, HDR on nvidia 4070)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines