• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors differ from ACR to Bridge

Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An image edited in the ProPhotoRGB colorspace in ACR suddenly looks desaturated in Bridge. It's a pain in a lower body part, as I use Bridge as a show room. 'Preserve embedded color profile' is on in Preferences, so I don't understand this discrepancy.
The only difference from normal procedure is - that the edited DNG file is an output from DxO PureRAW 2 (based on an ARW file). The problem doesn't exist - or is less prominent with the ARW files edited directly in ACR.

Please open attacehed examples.

Best,

Eigil Skovgaard

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may not have noticed because anything within sRGB color gamut, even encoded in a larger color gamut like ProPhoto RGB wouldn't show any difference. 

This image would:

http://www.digitaldog.net/files/Gamut_Test_File_Flat.tif

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file under the link has zero size when downloaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloads fine on this end. 

Here's the same TIFF in Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8opl2w0iugy1rzg/Gamut_Test_File_Flat.tif?dl=0

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and for obvious reasons, nice saturated blues and reds.
It puzzles me that the difference in my problem-image suddenly is that prominent with normal color levels in yellow and green.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just following up due to an interesting discovery.

I had another issue with the DxO DNG output from PureRAW 2 when trying to open such a DNG in RawTherapee 5.9. The image turned dark green in the deep shadows, and I (and smarter people) have been unable to edit it away. It just sticks!

Then out of desperation I ran the DxO DNG through the Adobe DNG Converter - and to my pleasant surprise the green cast disappeared when the converted DNG was opened in RT.

Then, maybe the problem discussed in this ticket could be "healed" the same way, was my next question.
And - in short - it seems to be the case. With such a converted "DNG" to DNG file, the level of saturation from ACR to Bridge is only slightly reduced as could be expected from the shift ProPhoto RGB -> sRGB. It doesn't deviate from my day to day visual experience.

Can anybody explan this - is it a thing with the DNG container from DxO being "normalized" by the Adobe DNG Converter, or ...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone (and it is not Adobe) is not following the Adobe DNG spec! Report it to DxO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have done, of course. This is for people who could have experienced the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have done, of course. This is for people who could have experienced the same problem.

By @Eigil Skovgaard

Where can I find those reporting the same problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best chances would be the Adobe community I guess. Maybe I'm the first to report the problem here. Most users of Lightroom and ACR are probably using Topaz Photo AI or DeNoise AI for their raw noise reduction. I have chosen DxO over Topaz, because DxO is the best noise reduction tool at the moment for my images. I have not experienced the same color problem with the Topaz DNGs, so that could explain why you haven's heard about the DxO related problem before this case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best chances would be the Adobe community I guess.

By @Eigil Skovgaard

Again where?

Most users of Lightroom and ACR are probably using Topaz Photo AI or DeNoise AI for their raw noise reduction. I have chosen DxO over Topaz, because DxO is the best noise reduction tool at the moment for my images. I have not experienced the same color problem with the Topaz DNGs, so that could explain why you haven's heard about the DxO related problem before this case.

By @Eigil Skovgaard

This user of several DxO products can't. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I answered your question, otherwise please specify exactly what you are looking for and the reason for your continuous asking?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I answered your question, otherwise please specify exactly what you are looking for and the reason for your continuous asking?

By @Eigil Skovgaard

Statement: "This is for people who could have experienced the same problem."

Question: What people and where? 

We can't help you (and help others) without data. 

Is it possible this problem resides on your end? 

No problem with mine with the same products. I was just saying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My statement means that we'll have to wait and see what the future brings of similar cases. If you never hear about new cases - and you are good with your own raw files (others are too, but can repeat the problem with ARW files), then you are home safe. Glad you could help with this. I'll not occupy your capacity further with this question. I have a ticket with DxO about the issue, and if you are interested, I'll relay their response. Until then I am over and out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll not occupy your capacity further with this question.”

Great, the support volunteers here have enough on our plate with known or repeatable issues to handle.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines