• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour not the same when saved as a png or jpg

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so ignore the image but why does it change colour no settings or changes just saved as it is as a jpg

in Photoshop CC 2015.5

2016-11-13 (14).png

jpg or png

Brushed metal.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are getting the color of the top layer.  In your case it is layer 4.  If you don't want that then either disable it or move it down completely or move layer 2 at the top by dragging it.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but why am i getting that colour in photoshop but not when i save it out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You probably have a broken monitor profile. This may not affect other photo viewers that that don't support color management - they don't use the monitor profile at all.

Open your color picker. Do you have pure black and white there? It should look like this (and I'm deliberately stripping the embedded icc profile from this screenshot, in case you're using a color managed web browser. This will disable color management in most browsers):

color picker.png

If this looks different from what you see in Photoshop, you need to replace the monitor profile. The profile should ideally be made with a calibrator, but if you don't have one, use sRGB IEC61966. You do this in Control Panel > Color Management > Devices. Relaunch Photoshop when done, it needs to load the new profile at startup:

Displayprofile_2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no obvious reason for the color change. If you can share the file I'll take a look at it  and let you know my findings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines