Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Community for PS developers

Advocate ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys.

I was just wondering is there's a Slack channel where PS developers hang out and share ideas/problems/issues?

If not, maybe it would be wise to create one?

c.pfaffenbichler​, SuperMerlin​, pixxxel schubser​, JJMack​, Jarda Bereza​, Chuck Uebele​

Photoshop Scripting​

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I'm aware of, but I haven't looked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ps-scripts.com has been reborn. It was the original non-Adobe PSJS site. Not quite as busy as it once was, but there is still traffic there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MadeBySource.com wanted to create Store with PS and Sketch plugins and they created Slack channel for developers but their Store no longer works and Slack channel is quite for months.

I agree we could create one. But you and others couldn't find answers with google. Because chat is not indexable with robots I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason why I brought this issue to light is because I am a member of motiondesign.slack.com channel, that has a dedicated private group for After Effects scripting. We discuss/share/help with regular ScriptUI and CEP issues on daily basis. Since this group is rather large, over 100 enthusiast-developers, it's rather easy to get a reply on a particular issue.

I tried googling for similar channel for Photoshop developers, but with no prevail. So I came here.

So, should we do that? Should we go and create a dedicated Photoshop Scripting channel on Slack?

Jarda Bereza​ xbytor2​ c.pfaffenbichler​ DBarranca​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2017 Aug 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an interesting idea. But my english is a shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created Slack group. Here is link for joining into the room: Create Account | Slack

So we can discuss and share know-how about PS Scripts.

Davide_Barranca​ Tomas Sinkunas​ xbytor2​ JJMack​ pixxxel schubser​ Chuck Uebele​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

there are already few Slack channels – as far as I know:

• ps-scripts.slack.com
  • extendscript.slack.com
  • adobedevs.slack.com

Extendscript has been created by Fabian Morón Zirfas to support the ExtendScript · GitHub. It now has very low traffic and targets all applications using Extendscript – but there is a good deal of PS devs.

Ps-Scripts (the slack channel, not the website) was founded if I remember correctly by Anton Lyubushkin, and was for – surprise surprise – PS scripting 🙂 Very low traffic here as well since many of its participants then migrated to:

Adobe Devs, that has been founded as a follow-up of the PePcon conference. It targets all kind of development around Adobe (panels, scripts, C++ plugins), and was initially and mainly frequented by ID developers. Me, I've tried to inject as many Photoshoppers as I could 🙂 and I would say that now it is better balanced – there are few guys on IL as well.

I'm not a huge fan of Slack channels – I tend to prefer forums (a sign of aging?) because of indexing, threads, etc. But they're a nice way to communicate quickly and less formally.

Davide

Davide Barranca - PS developer and author
www.ps-scripting.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey David,

Do you know who the administrator of the slack channel adobedevs.slack.com is, if its open i would want to join it. I would appreciate if you could point me to right person

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines