• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Contact Sheet Blank [Photoshop 2018]

Contributor ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help with something that I have not found in the forum. The instructions for making a contact sheet are quite clear, but I end up with nothing but a blank frame on screen, no matter which options I choose. I have placed copies of all the photos in one folder, making sure that it contains nothing else, like thumbs.db, etc. After File | Automate | Contact Sheet | OK, the Layers Panel shows the names of  all the photos as being loaded, but the icons all show as transparent layers, while the resulting Contact Sheet II in the Work Area, is blank/white.

I tried saving this as a .psd & reopening -- still blank.  PS 19.1.5.  Windows 10.

Capture.JPG

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Hi,

Please update Bridge to CC2018 version 8.1

Regards

E

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that starting in Photoshop is a little flakey and slow so I tend to initiate the process in Bridge. An advantage is that you just select the images you want to include and don't have to make a new folder.

In Bridge:

1. Select the images using Shift or Ctrl/Cmd
  2. Tools > Photoshop > Contact Sheet II
  3. Pick your output settings (note top left of dialog box):
    Screenshot 2018-09-23 08.44.11.png
  4. When you click on OK, the contact sheet will open in Photoshop.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There

Another option from Bridge is using the Output Module in Adobe Bridge,

Select all the images in adobe Bridge and drag  drop, you have many controls to modify the layout

Regards

E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the Bridge suggestion.  However the

1. Tools > Photoshop > Contact Sheet II

gave me the same result --  a number of transparent layers that collapse to a blank, white layer. I have successfully tried every other choice in the Tools | Photoshop menu -- only the Contact Sheet II is problematic.

Another option from Bridge is using the Output Module in Adobe Bridge, 

In Bridge 2017, I have no Output Module.

There is either something wrong with PS and Bridge, considering that I get the same result with both, or I am missing something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please update Bridge to CC2018 version 8.1

Regards

E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Updating fixed the Contact Sheet problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this suggestion ("Output") as it did what I needed. I don't have time right now to find the correct fix for Contact Sheet, but I'm sure Adobe will have it resolved momentarily... LMAO

For me this is just one more example of Adobe sticking it to its users: prices as high as ever; no Pantone support without yet another subscription... there's a long list, but I have to get back to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RMDufour wrote:

For me this is just one more example of Adobe sticking it to its users: prices as high as ever; no Pantone support without yet another subscription...

Pantone pulled out of Adobe, not the other way around. The Pantone subscription is from Pantone, not from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue (the contact sheet II being blank) until I moved the folder of pictures which I used for the contact sheet  from the third party cloud to my documents folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same solution for me eventually too. Anything in a shared One Drive folder (even if the files are all physically saved on my local hard drive) won't work anymore and produce blank pages.

To resolve I have to copy the files into an unshared offline folder on the same drive and then Contact II runs as normal.  I wonder what changed? I had been using the same set up for years without issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines