• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content Aware Fill brush won't paint next to selection

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Content Aware Fill, the brush will not paint next to the selection. It leaves a gap around the selection. In the image below, I have tried to paint next to the selected area and the green area is as close as it will let me paint. It's as if the area next to the selection is protected. This has been going on over several versions of PS and happens with all photos from various different cameras. 

MBP M1 Max Ventura

PS 24.3.0

Is this a bug or something that I can fix by changing a setting somewhere?

Thanks.

Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 11.12.16 AM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Figured it out. I had feather set to 100 px on the lasso tool when making the selection.

Hopes this helps someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get the desired result if you to Edit > Fill... and in the Fill dialog, set Contents to Content-Aware? This process bypasses the Content Aware Fill workspace and fills the selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I don't have enough control using that method.

Any thoughts on why the brush isn't able to paint next to the selection in the CAF workspace?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figured it out. I had feather set to 100 px on the lasso tool when making the selection.

Hopes this helps someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I was going to say it was probably a feathered selection. Good for you for figuring it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines