• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert 3d object to 2d

New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm fairly new to photoshop and have a very basic understanding of the program. Recently I was doing mockups for school that I downloaded from this website called freepik.com. On that website they have tons of mockups to download and all you have to do is select the layer and replace the photo with your own photo of the same size. However, a problem I'm having is that I downloaded a mockup not knowing that it contained a 3D object. So, I cant just change the photo because there is a 3d cube icon instead of the picture icon on that layer. I'm wondering if it is possible to somehow convert that 3D object to a 2D object so that I can place my photo in this mockup? It's also giving me all sorts of problems, telling me my scratch disks are full, which I don't know what that means and I can't move any of the layers. Also, it gave me a notification stating that photoshop would be getting rid of the 3d feature, so I'm wondering if it's possible to get rid of the 3d element all together. If not, are there other ways that I can create a mockup myself? Thank you so much!

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you post a screenshot of the Photoshop interface with the layers panel opened, sounds to me like you could be looking at a smart object layer rather than a 3D layer although I could be wrong, also how much free space do you have on your C drive, assuming you're on Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unsure about the C Drive, but my computer is fairly new and I barely have anything on it so I think I was just clicking things and getting random notifications. Here is the screenshot, just want to place a photo into this mockup but there is the cube icon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're correct it is a 3D object, I'll tag @davescm he's the resident Photoshop 3D go to person

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tag Ged

@Angelaeye  Looking at your screenshot, that is a 3D object and would require the 3D surface texture to be changed for your own texture before rendering (which is the process of creating a 2D image from a 3D file). That is normally just a case of opening the relevant texture and replacing with your own. However, I can't tell you exactly which layers to change without seeing the actual PSD file, rather than just the screenshot. Regardless of that, you are likely to run into issues with the current versions of Photoshop as 3D is deprecated (and buggy).

If you must move forward with this file, then I suggest you download Photoshop version 22.2 which is the last stable Photoshop version for 3D.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@davescm never thought I'd be doing a search for such items 😁 but the PSD can be downloaded from here

https://www.freepik.com/free-psd/individual-sanitary-pads-mockup_20669781.htm#query=sanitary%20pads&...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines