• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert photoshop atn to jsx

Explorer ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a number of photoshop actions that i would like to convert to jsx.

What is the simplest way to do this, ?

I recall an atn to jsx conversation tool? a few years back but is there a simple way now.?

Thanks 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

For ExtendScript .JSX you still need to use a script from xbytor:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/ps-scripts/files/xtools/v2.3/xtools-2_3.zip/download

For UXP .PSJS one can convert to batchPlay code as a built-in feature when enabled in prefs.

It's one or the other, the two can't be mixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged , May 10, 2024 May 10, 2024

Stephen's answer is the correct one—I'd also like to point out that you can use Alchemist by Jaroslav Bereza. People use Alchemist a ton, but few know it's actually a suite of helper plugins: Alchemist, Sorcerer and Occultist (I know...  Eastern-European humour 😁)

Occultist implements a custom ATN parser:

Davide_Barranca_0-1715352914061.png

It's rather handy and super-quick.
Anyway, probably the Czech Republic has to be considered part of Central Europe—Wikipedia says both definitions are acceptable. I'll ask Jarda.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For ExtendScript .JSX you still need to use a script from xbytor:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/ps-scripts/files/xtools/v2.3/xtools-2_3.zip/download

For UXP .PSJS one can convert to batchPlay code as a built-in feature when enabled in prefs.

It's one or the other, the two can't be mixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Stephen. will give it a go.

Appreciate the help.

ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works super well.

Thanks again 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please remember to mark the »Correct Answer«. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 10, 2024 May 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephen's answer is the correct one—I'd also like to point out that you can use Alchemist by Jaroslav Bereza. People use Alchemist a ton, but few know it's actually a suite of helper plugins: Alchemist, Sorcerer and Occultist (I know...  Eastern-European humour 😁)

Occultist implements a custom ATN parser:

Davide_Barranca_0-1715352914061.png

It's rather handy and super-quick.
Anyway, probably the Czech Republic has to be considered part of Central Europe—Wikipedia says both definitions are acceptable. I'll ask Jarda.

Davide Barranca - PS developer and author
www.ps-scripting.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Davide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Davide_Barranca 

Can you please comment on the differences, pros/cons or why one may decide to use Alchemist vs. Photoshop's native developer mode to convert an ATN to UXP batchPlay code? Forget everything else that Alchemist offers.

Edit: As an example in the context of "simple" UXP Scripting (not panels), one may have an action that performs operations and then successfully saves a JPEG to the desktop. The built-in feature to convert the ATN code to batchPlay code works for every step EXCEPT the save step! Does Alchemist provide working code for saving? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephen even if alchemist and oculist have a good method, you can't do everything, you can't salt a file on desktop with alchemist or occulist, unfortunately the Apple system requires permissions and session tokens which are codes that must be written separately. and not just to save the codes, for example if you want to insert an image from a path it can't be done, if you want to use adapt image and complicated and many other functions, After 4 years of uxp development it is still immature and the development team is unable to keep up with the requests of users and developers. Honestly in the future it will be reliable and simple but now it is a slow elephant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2024 May 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ciccillotto Thanks, it seems my role is to play devils advocate on this topic. Something with lots of documentation and examples in ExtendScript but next to nothing useful in UXP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 11, 2024 May 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with you little documentation and what little there is must be updated with each new photoshop update. Adobe with UXP got us into quite a messa. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines