Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Cool Grays converting to Warm grays

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to add a cool gray to my photoshop file, it automatically converts it to the warm gray equivalent. Is anyone else having this issue and have a solution?
Thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

should have said cool gray pantone and warm gray pantones

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be the case of replacing Pantones swatches that are no longer supported by Adobe
See there:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/as-of-march-2022-adobe-will-no-longer-preload-pa...

I haven't checked if those particular swatches are impacted, but you'll see it when you open the pantone swatches. Non loaded colours will be replaced by black.

(If you can download an older version of PS, you'll find the books there, download them as .ase, and reload them in the new version of PS. Of course, they won't update with the new colours)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrating with screenshots and specific step-by-step points would be helpful.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 13.56.49.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is a screenshot of what I mean, I've chosen Pantone Cool Gray 1C, but in the spot channels options box it comes up as Pantone Warm Gray 1C

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the text in the New Spot Chanel dialog, I think Photoshop is holding on to the previous spot colour name.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that this is a bug in the v4 color book, which has been discussed but I can't find the link now.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cool, thanks, i'll have a search for the topic

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From what I understand, there are conflicts with the 6 digit keys/codes between differen swatch books (different vintages/revisions) from Pantone. Might be best to talk with them and see if they have any guidance which books conflict with each other.

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines