• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

COPY/PASTE TEXT PHOTOSHOP TO ANOTHER SOFTWARE

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, I cannot copy text in photoshop and paste it in another place that is not the same photoshop software. It happened have few time and I did the upgrade for the last version but the issue persist. Someone can help me? Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

It's possible you turned off a preference - I always turn mine off. 2019-12-02_11-47-59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You'd need to select the text (on the text layer) using the text tool -

if already you flattened the layers, then what you want isn't possible because the text has been "rasterised" so it's actually now, practically speaking, an image of text, so no longer editable (or copyable) text.

I hope this helps

if so, please "like" my reply and if you're OK now, please mark it as "correct", so that others who have similar issues can see the solution

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net

[please do not use the reply button on a message in the thread, only use the one at the top of the page, to maintain chronological order]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible you turned off a preference - I always turn mine off. 2019-12-02_11-47-59.png

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist><br />Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WORKED PERFECTLY!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another possible problem is that something is blocking your clipboard and preventing anything to be stored in computer clipboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double click T Thumbnail in Layer Palette get in Edit text mode then Ctrl+C Ctrl+V

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The title of this may sound dumb, but my copy-paste features in Photoshop are weirdly hobbled. For the record, I'm using the most updated version of photoshop (this was happeneing on the last few versions as well), on a Windows computer that's all up-to-date, and all my other Adobe products are up-to-date. I have no plug-ins running, no actions, no extras of any sort. I'm not trying to copy-paste images or pixels or special effects. Just basic text.

Scenario 1: I have 2 PS documents open. I have text writen in one that needs to be copied and pasted into the other. The formatting/text size is a little different in each, so I want to copy the text from document 1 and paste it into a text box in document 2. However, when I go to paste, the "paste" option is grayed out OR it will paste other text from a previous "copy" but only if it came from that document.

It appears as if each PS file has it's own clipboard and will not share with other PS files. My main work-around is draging the whole text layer from one file to another, and manually format it to match my needs or copy-paste the text now that it's all in one document. It's an extra step (or 5) that I just don't appriciate.

Scenario 2: I have a PS document and a Word document open. I copy the text in the Word document and paste it into Photoshop. Works perfectly. After editing and revising the text box and the text itself, I want to copy the new text back to the word document so I can don't need to to re-type everything. PS will copy the text, but the text will not paste into Word. Ok, maybe MS is not playing ball today. Let's try Notepad. Nope, won't paste there either. Email body? Nope. Ok, let's test if PS even copied the text at all. Can I paste into another text box in that PS document? Yes! But that's completely useless, because it was already there and I need it other places too.

In this case, the only work-around is to retype it. Again, it feels like the photoshop document is being extreemly precious about it's own little clipboard and won't share with other programs, although it will recieve from other programs.

So is there a setting that I'm missing? An update? A custom toggle or check box?

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked! It looks like I can copy-paste between PS documents now.

Why is this considered a usefult setting?

And why is it toggled "off" by default?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You must have unchecked it, it's checked by default. I turn mine off because I work on 12x24" files and if I select al,l I will have large files in my clipboard.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist><br />Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines