Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Could not complete this operation. A write permissions error has occurred

Contributor ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

All of a sudden 'Save for web' won't save files to any disk on my system... "Save for web: Could not complete this operation. A write permissions error has occurred".

photoshop-save-for-web-disk-error.JPG

Have tried the following from other posts...

- Giving Photoshop full disk permissions

- Repairing permissions on all disks

- Restarting Photoshop

- Restaing Mac

But nothing works - does anyone know how to fix?

Cheers, Ben

- OSX 11.6.1

- Photoshop 23.0.1

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021
OK, so aparantly this can happen if dropbox is set to sync your desktop (even though I wasn't trying to save to desktop). In Dropbox you have to turn off the backup feature. Dear Adobe, please fix. Over on the Dropbox forums, Dropbox blames you - maybe you guys to talk? Cheers

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, so aparantly this can happen if dropbox is set to sync your desktop (even though I wasn't trying to save to desktop). In Dropbox you have to turn off the backup feature.

Dear Adobe, please fix. Over on the Dropbox forums, Dropbox blames you - maybe you guys to talk?

Cheers

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines