• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

could not initialize photoshop because of a disk error

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated Photoshop to 2020 PC version and I've got this  error message "could not initialize photoshop because of a disk error". I dont think is the scratch disk. I unistalled it, uinstalled it again, restartred my computer but still the same message. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the issue you are facing while trying to launch Photoshop 2020.

Would you mind confirming the operating system you are using on the computer? 

You may also try to reset the preferences of Photoshop by following the steps mentioned in the link below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem,

I'm using macOS Catalina on the 2017 MacBook Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed by copying some files from the prev version. See the attached image. Also I am running PS on a PC.  I hope this helps.  ps errorps error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also on Catalina on a 2017 MacBook Pro and even Adobe could not figure it out. Has anyone had any luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2019 Dec 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem on macOS Catalina, nothing helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you figured it out yet? Also on Catalina and was on with Adobe support for 3 hours yesterday and no luck, they even remoted into my computer for TWO hours trying everything from clean installs, permissions changes, directory changes, everything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I answered below, but I hope you've already solved this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I'm having the exact, same problem. Has Adobe come up with a solution? I really need PS to work!

Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 4.24.33 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I was using outdated macOS Catalina version (19A487l) that for some reason could not be upgraded to the last one, so I quit the Apple Developer Program and rolled back to the stable branch Catalina 10.15.4 and the PS 2020 is working perfectly fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem on a PC (Win 10 Home) after upgrading to 2022 PC version.

The computer is recently reinstalled so it is not disk size.

On startup after the first install it claimed the preferences file was invalid and removed it. Every startup afterwards it gives "Could not start because of disk error".

I tried uninstalling it and deleting all the preferences during uninstall, but it does not work on reinstall either.

No amount of rebooting helped.

Starting with Ctrl-Alt-Shift gives the "Do you want to delete preference file" popup and then, again, disk error.

When I try to copy the preferences file from 2021 (renaming to 2022) it claims it is an invalid file and deletes it again, just like after the first install. Then on next startup it hits me again with "Could not start because of disk error".

So the issue is definitely the preferences file, but how can I fix it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having issues with new Photoshop as well.  Can't open due to disc error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. Would love to know a fix as no previous suggestions have worked 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here on 2 different computers both with windows 10 and certainly enough free space on the C: disk. Would like a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines