• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a 16-bit file

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on translating EXRs into 16-bit PSD files.  I have a PSD that was created by opening an EXR using ProEXR, converting it to 16-bit, then saving it out as a PSD.  Here are some questions I have:

A) After the 4-byte length of the layer and mask section, there are eight bytes of 0, followed by 8BIMLr16.  This comes before the layer info blocks.  The file format doc mentions this id in association with PSBs but does not go into detail.  What is this?

B) After the layer info blocks, it goes directly to the tagged info.  There is no global mask info, not even a zero count.  Is this normal?  Does Photoshop check for the global layer mask section by checking for 8BIM after the layer info?

C) Does Photoshop ever store floats for 16 bit images, or will I need to convert my EXR halfs to integers?

Thank you very much!

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

C) it doesn't. Moreoever, in reality you will only get 15 bit integers (0-32768). Look elsewhere on forum  (e.g. a note from Chris here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1038347) - it has been discussed at least a few dozen times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines