• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a gif file

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2024 Jul 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to photoshop. I'm trying to create a gif for a class. 1. when i open timeline the images don't show up on it. 2. I've attached an image. I don't have the same stuff on the drop down from the Timeline - Make Frames from Layers. 

Can anyone help me? Thanks. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its impossible to tell what you are doing from the partial screenshot you posted.

You may want to start here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/video-animation-overview.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the same stuff on the drop down from the Timeline - Make Frames from Layers.

By @Kiki384450283bci

Make Frames from Layers is a command, not a menu, so nothing else should be dropping down there. Choosing Make Frames from Layers converts all layers into frames, and that worked properly when I tried it.

If that doesn’t make sense, what “stuff” are you looking for, is it something described in a step in a lesson? If so, can you post a picture or paste text of the instructions you are trying to follow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm actually doing Learn> Create an animated gif with a series of photos and I get stuck on step 3 because I don't have the what's on that drop down menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have to create the frame animation before you can use Make frames from layers.

I think most of the Timeline commands are context sensitive.  Either they don't appear untill conditions are met, or they are greyed out.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines