• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a gradient - Black to transparent

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm making an aston (Name tag/strap/whatever, to edit in photoshop and export to put into Premiere Edits. I'm making a simple black rectangle, that about 3/4 down I want to dissolve into transparency. I am selecting the rectangle I have created and am editing the stops so when it reaches 75% it will start to fade, but whenever I edit these stops nothing changes.

Also have changed the colour to red now just to see what effect my changes are having. Why does the preview in the editor look completely different to that on the canvas?

I know I've probably done something very basic very wrong, but using the gradient editor tool to mark the stops at key points seems like a really simple, easy tool to use, but it just doesn't work. I am going crazy here.

Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 13.05.04.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Ok, let the Fill value of the layer equal to 0%, this way only the black to trasparent gradient will be visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that the content of  the layer is black, so your trasparency get from red to black. To hide the color of the layer in the Panel Layer, let the FILL value of your layer 0%, this way only the gradient will be displayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but I want the content of the layer to be black. I only added the red colour to illustrate the difference in what I see on the preview and the canvas. The shape needs to go from black to transparent.Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 14.53.31.jpg

It shows me a gradient but it's not applying to the rectangle on the canvas. From 3/4 across the rectangle i just want it to start fading to transparent, I don't understand why the gradient isn't applying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, let the Fill value of the layer equal to 0%, this way only the black to trasparent gradient will be visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just for clarification, is this what you are looking to do?  -see attached-

If so, I would turn off the effects and see if that is causing your issue.  Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 7.39.49 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines