• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a liscense/serial key for plugin

Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a plugin for Photoshop cc 2014, I wanted to make a serial code for my extension. The question however is where would I find a method of doing that. I've noticed other programs like MagicPicker is able to do it, so that Is why I am asking the  question.

Anyone with information please post it here. 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply! I knew about this, but what I am still confused with is how can I make something like this on an html panel that only uses html, css, and javascript?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 05, 2014 Sep 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would not waste too much effort into it. I mean in the end it can be broken and chances are you'll annoy your paying customers. I think licensing should be just good enough to keep honest people hones. I.e. it should not be possible to just open file, change "payed=true" to get full access but you'd need to download a hacked version. I'm using just license file with license type, expiration date and a signature that is just HMAC with shared secret. The secret can be extracted, but not by 99%

Also pirating is not necessarily an issue if there is a path to converting to paid. I.e. you have to "re-pirate"every time there is a new version  (e.g. every new version has a new key) means that most people (that would pay in anycase) are willing to pay if they actually need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines