Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a wooden photo frame

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am trying to creating a wooden frame around a corkboard.  I have managed to create the corkboard fine and I am trying to create the frame by first creating a rectangle

Capture1.PNG

Then applying noise

Capture2.PNG

But when I apply a motion blur I get a transparent edge

Capture3.PNG

How do I stop this or how can I create a wooden frame?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend using a stoock image – either of a frame outright or of a wood texture. 

»Legacy Patterns and More« (from the Patterns Panel’s flyout menu if absent) should offer some wood patterns, by the way. 

If you want to edit a Layer’s pixels’ colors separately from their transparency you can use

Layer > Layer Mask > From Transparency

to »separate« the two. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use layers and extend effects to the edge.  There are lots od advatages working this way. It's usually best not to try filling  selection if the selection is on a critical interface, for instance.  You can also use layer styles to add depth.  In this case the kittens are above the cork layer, and have an Inner Shadow layer style.  The Frame layer is at the top of the stack and we can use a Drop Shadow on that

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's an OK wood frame in the default Actions. [EDIT] out of interest, this one does not have the Inner Shadow on the kittens layer, and I'm thinking it would look better if had the Inner Shadow.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines